Antrel Rolle: Dallas Cowboys' problem not players

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Antrel Rolle: Dallas Cowboys' problem not players

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: June 4, 2013 at 02:17 p.m. Updated: June 4, 2013 at 04:11 p.m.

New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle has never been shy about speaking his mind. His latest targets are Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett and owner/general manager Jerry Jones.

In an interview that will air Tuesday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access," Rolle said he's "looking forward" to playing against a team that some analysts already are picking to win the NFC East this season.

"The Dallas Cowboys are a good team," Rolle said. "Maybe they're missing a couple pieces of the puzzle, but I don't think the pieces they're missing are actually the players."

Ouch. That's a not-so-subtle shot across the bow of the Cowboys' brass. Jones isn't one to hold back, either. It will be interesting to see a retort after last year's admission that he deserved to be fired as general manager.

Jones since has promised a "very uncomfortable" offseason in response to a pair of uninspiring 8-8 campaigns under Garrett's watch. Now that coordinator Bill Callahan is taking over play-calling duties, it will be easier for Jones to jettison Garrett in-season if the Cowboys get off to a slow start.

Rolle's comments directed at NFC East foes weren't all negative. Asked about Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, Rolle replied, "I'm not so eager to see this guy. I'm gonna let him take his time, get his rehab. I want him 100 percent. He's a huge playmaker in this league."

The Giants might believe the Cowboys are something of a laughing stock, but it has become abundantly clear that they have the utmost respect for Griffin.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
:lol Now, even players on other teams are taking shots at him. Fine with me. Everyone needs to get in on it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't get how that's a shot at Jerry. If players aren't the problem, then the GM did his job.

Sounds more like a shot at the coaching.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't get how that's a shot at Jerry. If players aren't the problem, then the GM did his job.

I don't think Rolle is smart enough to understand that. I think he is probably taking a shot at both of them in his mind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well your GM picks your head coach but Rolle is a retard, not sure it is worth paying attention to anything he says.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think Rolle is smart enough to understand that. I think he is probably taking a shot at both of them in his mind.

:lol Funny thing is, I'm trying to not give him too much credit by assuming he isn't criticizing Jerry for things like enabling players, undermining coaching authority and creating a country club atmosphere.

Top Bottom