Cowboys Sign Veteran TE Dante Rosario--Updated

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bryan Broaddus‏@BryanBroaddus4hCowboys had Dante Rosario TE from Oregon in today for a visit. Really athletic guy that was with the Chargers last season. Good work vs DAL.
==========

Jesus Christ.

What is the deal with the tight end position?

We spend more time and effort there than we do on the OL.

Need a third tackle camp body for the OL? Bring in two first year or rookie guys to work out.

Need a fourth TE? By all means, get a four year veteran...it is JUST THAT IMPORTANT.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
All TE offense. Cutting edge.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All TE offense. Cutting edge.
It is fricking incredible.

And I blame Parcells for this.

That is one thing he left behind with Jerry like a stinky fart in the room. This is this all-encompassing obsession with the position.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
W
T
F

Lotuseater

Banned
Maybe they know something about witten that we don't know. You don't hedge your bets at a position where you have a hall of famer just because.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is this guy a blocking TE or another overgrown receiver?
He's certainly not a pure blocker. He's another in-between guy who honestly isn't much of a player. He was a disappointment as a Panther.

Probably just around because Garrett's buddy Norv had him.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
It's amazing even the most casual fans are aware the OL is still shaky at best, there are serious questions about the depth behind the starters on the DL, and the stable of safeties is woefully unproven for the most part. Yet the morons running the team are wringing their hands over a 4th fucking TE. We know Jerry and his brood are as football dense as it gets, but you would think Garrett and Callahan have enough football experience to impress upon the GM a better set of priorities in personnel acquisition. Either Jerry ignores them, they don't speak up, or they are as clueless as he is. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
but you would think Garrett and Callahan have enough football experience to impress upon the GM a better set of priorities in personnel acquisition. Either Jerry ignores them, they don't speak up, or they are as clueless as he is. It's pathetic and embarrassing.
I am going with the last part. I don't think they are any better.

Lotuseater

Banned

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cowboys sign tight end Dante Rosario

The Cowboys continued to show the importance they are placing on the tight end position by signing veteran Dante Rosario on Monday.

Rosario has played for four teams since Carolina took him in the fifth round of the 2007 draft. He caught 10 passes for 95 yards last season in San Diego. He has 99 catches for 1,106 yards and eight touchdowns for his career.

He visited the Cowboys last week.

To make room for Rosario the Cowboys waived tight end Paul Freedman, who signed with the team as an undrafted free agent in April.

The Cowboys have Jason Witten, James Hanna, Gavin Escobar, Colin Cochart, Andre Smith and Rosario at tight end on the roster.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It is fricking incredible.

And I blame Parcells for this.

That is one thing he left behind with Jerry like a stinky fart in the room. This is this all-encompassing obsession with the position.
Of all things to learn from BP it had to be his love of multiple TE's. :picard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We must really, really, really not like Hanna.
I don't get it. Everything I have read and seen out of Hanna is extremely promising. Does he have the personality of an asshole or something? I realize he isn't a stud blocker but it's not like we are putting any priority in that aspect of the other TEs we are adding.

Top Bottom