Carr:After watching Johnson practice, 'I can kind of see what all the hype was about

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr recently joined Ben & Skin on 105.3 The Fan. Here are some highlights:

On which defensive player might unexpectedly make a big impact this season:

“It was injuries last year. I feel Barry Church was on his way to making a name for himself. He’s coming off the injury and looking explosive, looking just as good. Also, Matt Johnson is back off his injuries and is out there playing. I can see his range as a safety. I can kind of see what all the hype was about him coming out of college last year.”

On B.W. Webb:

“We talk. We hang out. I’m all about getting everybody on the same page. The rookies, I don’t treat them no different than other veteran guys. I try to get guys together and do things just so we can get the camaraderie and the chemistry together because that helps us on the field. From what I see from him on the field just his raw talent, he’s a quick guy. He works well in the slot. He’s a competitor. He’s not afraid of any challenge out there so the sky’s the limit for that guy. I’m just real interested to see him progress as we continue our OTA’s”

On if the new defense will put him in a situation to make more plays:

“I hope so. We’re Day 3 of OTA’s. Next week, we’ll kind of turn it up another notch. But things have been going well. We’re just learning schemes and learning where everybody is on the field just learning terminology and trying to get a feel on how each other plays. We have some new faces in there. There is different chemistry so we just have to gel together. From the looks of it, this is a type of defense I can insert myself into and make some plays.”

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hope the guy pans out but our scouting department doesn't have the track record to get the benefit of the doubt.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'll be shocked if Johnson and Wilcox don't end up being Beriault and AOA I'll be shocked.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Surely we can find one decent starting safety out of this mess of players.

Then we only need five more years to find one more to play next to him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As much as I'd love to homer out over Carr's assessment of Johnson, I think we're finding out he's consistently overly optimistic - a little like Witten or Rob Ryan - and you can't really trust his evaluations.

I really hope Johnson is a player, like Smitty said you just can't trust this team's track record.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Berrio may have been a good player if it wasn't for the injury...
Beriault was a sixth round pick. Played sparingly in a couple preseason games then was put on IR for degenerative knees. Retired the following off season.

Why exactly has he looked at as being a good player? If anything, he should be lumped in with Jerry's failed injury reclamations.

Top Bottom