Archer: Suspended Greg Hardy vows to reward Cowboys owner Jerry Jones

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Suspended Greg Hardy vows to reward Cowboys owner Jerry Jones

ESPN.com news services

Greg Hardy wants nothing more than to reward Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for ignoring the backlash and investing in the embattled free-agent defensive end.

"What I am going to do is make sure Jerry's happy," Hardy told WFAA-TV in Dallas -- his first public comments since joining the Cowboys -- during the team's annual golf tournament last week. "[Because] he took a chance on me."

Greg Hardy, now with the Cowboys, vows to "be a considerate, nice guy" and "keep everybody else happy." George Gojkovich/Getty Images
Hardy missed all but one game last season because of a domestic violence issue and has subsequently been suspended 10 games this season by the league for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. He remains on the commissioner's exempt list and his appeal will be heard by the league May 28.

He was initially found guilty of a domestic violence charge by a North Carolina judge, but the charges were dismissed when the accuser did not make herself available for a jury trial. Hardy has since asked for his record to be expunged and has relinquished all of the weapons from the case to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's office.

Hardy promised to be on his best behavior with the Cowboys, though his tweets have raised the ire of the front office and coach Jason Garrett on more than one occasion since joining the team.

"Be me again. Be a considerate, nice guy. Help people. Keep a lot of love in my heart," Hardy said. "Stay out of trouble ... keep everybody else happy. Keep my fans happy. ... And keep smiles on faces."

Hardy had 26 sacks in his last two full seasons with the Carolina Panthers, and had one in the only game in which he appeared in 2014. As a team, the Cowboys had just 28 sacks last season.

"My success is already ensured," Hardy said. "I'm a Pro Bowl defensive end. Just got to keep doing what I'm doing."

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Who knows if he'll even be the same player if the 10 games holds up.

Aldon Smith sucked when he came back after huge layoff.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member

something tells me this season you won't see anything from Hardy. Next season he should be able to be a contributing factor in a stellar defensive line, even if its as a rotation guy

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Something tells me that regardless of how long Hardy is out he will come back and break people in half for the rest of the year. He is exactly the type of unstable person who seems like he'd come back frothing at the mouth.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something tells me that regardless of how long Hardy is out he will come back and break people in half for the rest of the year. He is exactly the type of unstable person who seems like he'd come back frothing at the mouth.
This is the feeling I get as well. Some players like Aldon Smith get fat and lazy sitting in rehab during their time off. Hardy seems to be working harder then ever and more pissed off then ever at practice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is just insane enough to not come back and be fat and out of shape. He seems pretty intent on pleasing people and getting attention as a result.

Do eet, Kraken. Do your thing.

hstour

Brand New Member
And since he isn't suspended until the official start of the season, I hope he is in Gregory's pocket helping him along.

Jiggyfly

Banned
something tells me this season you won't see anything from Hardy. Next season he should be able to be a contributing factor in a stellar defensive line, even if its as a rotation guy
I don't understand this thinking at all.

If we get nothing from him this year he will most likely not be brought back.

hstour

Brand New Member
Watch the NFLPA case against Goodell. Basically Doty (the federal judge) told the NFL to go back and re-work the suspension of AD under the old DV policy. Adrian is re-instated to the NFL, but they have never reviewed the case under the requirements of Doty. They have basically sat on it.

I think because since Peterson is eligible to play they hoped it would all blow over. The NFL didn't want to set a further precedent that they would have to overcome in the future. But Doty REQUIRED them to re-review it. And the NFLPA pointed that out in their filing. They also pointed out other cases (Hardy) where the NFL had overstepped it's bounds in not using the prior rule in decisions.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
He is just insane enough to not come back and be fat and out of shape. He seems pretty intent on pleasing people and getting attention as a result.

Do eet, Kraken. Do your thing.
I'm optimistic on this front. I think as long as he can keep it together enough to stay active he's going to be an animal when he's out there. He's capable & knows he can either maybe piss it all away or potentially make a shitload of money. I don't expect to see a fat out of shape player.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I got 20 spot says you're wrong.

Top Bottom