Misunderstood Pitbulls attack and kill 63 yr old woman

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Gotta have Teh Pitbull Thread

--------

Southern California woman fatally mauled by pit bulls

By Dan Whitcomb

Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A 63-year-old woman was fatally mauled by a pack of pit bulls while walking near her home in Southern California on Thursday and police were searching for the four dogs, law enforcement officials said.

A driver called police Thursday morning to report that four dogs were mauling the woman by the side of a road in a remote high desert area near Palmdale, California, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Captain Mike Parker said.

When a sheriff's deputy arrived on the scene a few minutes later, he found the woman being attacked by one dog, which circled and moved aggressively toward him as he approached, Parker said.

The deputy fired twice at the animal before it ran into the desert. There was no sign of the other three dogs, Parker said.

The victim, who was not immediately identified, died in an ambulance while being taken to a hospital, said Los Angeles County Care and Control spokeswoman Evelina Villa.

Authorities were searching for the tan-colored dogs and issued warnings to residents of Palmdale, about 65 miles east of Los Angeles.

"Sheriffs deputies are knocking on doors in the neighborhood, patrolling and warning people in the area, but we have not picked up any leads since the deputy fired the shots," Parker said.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I need a scorecard....

Who was pro-Pit and anti-Pit again?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My pit would kick your dogs ass.

:unsure

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
To be fair, this lady had it coming. How dare she walk around her block? Everyone knows that is a sure fire way to provoke normally sane and laid back animals.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
To be fair, this lady had it coming. How dare she walk around her block? Everyone knows that is a sure fire way to provoke normally sane and laid back animals.
LoL. I think you need to hide the hook better.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
We just got a Great Dane... He's only a baby at 15 months but he's already 115 lbs and stands on all fours to almost my man tits. He is a big baby, but I'm in constant state of worry that he'll get out of my yard and scare the fuck out of someone... He's very intimidating just to look at him.

I'd live in constant terror of this if I had a pit.

Cotton

Staff member
There are some pits that I have zero fear of. Does that make me pro-pit?
Yeah unless you believe all pits would rip apart a woman for just walking down the sidewalk you are pro pit.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mt mom has a pit that is completely insane. I refuse to let my kids go over there without me because my mom is convinced that her baby is harmless. Even though the dog has growle and snapped at a few of us...he has even bit a few people.

Of course my mom truly believes that he is getting soooo much better and just deserves a chance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah unless you believe all pits would rip apart a woman for just walking down the sidewalk you are pro pit.
I do believe some dogs are just born bad though and no amount of training will really fix that. I just don't think all Pits are born bad. Just some of them.

My coonhound on the other hand, born a complete sally. No possible way to make that dog tougher or angry.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Mt mom has a pit that is completely insane. I refuse to let my kids go over there without me because my mom is convinced that her baby is harmless. Even though the dog has growle and snapped at a few of us...he has even bit a few people.

Of course my mom truly believes that he is getting soooo much better and just deserves a chance.
My sister-in-law has a pit that whose neck I fully intend on snapping if I ever see it go after one of my kids.

Cotton

Staff member
I do believe some dogs are just born bad though and no amount of training will really fix that. I just don't think all Pits are born bad. Just some of them.

My coonhound on the other hand, born a complete sally. No possible way to make that dog tougher or angry.
There are tons of dogs that are born bad and not all of them are pits.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
My sister and her husband used to raise pits. They had one female who was the sweetest dog ever. She would jump in my lap and lick my face, bring toys to new people as they walked through the door, cuddle with the cats.

Then she got mauled by another one of their pit bulls after they had been together since puppies. :art

Kbrown

Not So New Member
There are tons of dogs that are born bad and not all of them are pits.
Kind of a red herring. Are pits more prone to aggression and more capable physically of acting on that aggression? Yes.

Top Bottom