Packers DT Letroy Guion faces felony charges

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Letroy Guion faces felony charges
Updated: February 4, 2015, 3:25 PM ET
By Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com

Packers defensive tackle Letroy Guion was arrested for felony possession of marijuana and felony possession of a firearm in his hometown of Starke, Florida, according to a police report.

Guion was found to have 357 grams of marijuana after his truck was pulled over Tuesday night.

The officer who searched the truck also found more than $190,000 in one of the bags in which the marijuana was located, according to the police report. Both the currency and truck were seized and secured due to the amount of marijuana found.

According to the police report, Guion was "extremely uncooperative and hostile" while the truck was initially searched. The officer reported that Guion "kept coming toward the vehicle several times saying, 'Hey man, my money is in there. Don't let him take my money.'"

Guion then was secured in handcuffs.

Police said the total amount of cash was $190,028.81.

Guion was initially pulled over by police for "failure to maintain a single lane," according to the report. The 315-pound Guion was partially hanging out of the driver's side window, at which point the officer smelled marijuana, the report said.

Guion told police he had a weapon that was registered to him, and they found a 9mm semi-automatic handgun.

According to the Bradford County Sheriff's Office, Guion was released on $100,000 bond.

Guion, 27, joined the Packers last offseason and started every game. The former Minnesota Viking recorded a career-best 3.5 sacks.

He signed a one-year, $1 million contract and had been in negotiations with the Packers about a long-term deal.

"We are aware of a serious matter involving Letroy Guion," the Packers said in a statement. "We have not yet spoken to Letroy and we will have no further comment."

Guion's agent, Seth Katz, said Wednesday he was still gathering information about the arrest.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He has Glaucoma...nothing to see here.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
The 315-pound Guion was partially hanging out of the driver's side window
This is a solid driving strategy when you're carrying weed and 190 grand in cash.

Also....I'll bet that is some righteous bud.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
That is not a crazy amount a weed. Less than a pound. Certainly enough to get someone in trouble for intent to distribute I guess but this isn't exactly drug kingpin quantities we're talking about here. By contrast Nate Newton had > 200 pounds the first time he got busted and a little < 200 lbs the second time. That's trafficking at that level.

Obviously the guy is going to be in trouble and I don't know what will happen to all that cash, but the street value of that stuff isn't anywhere near the amount of cash he had (probably no more than a few thousand dollars). Not saying the guy isn't a moron for driving around smoking weed while in possession of 3/4 pound of weed, a shitload of cash, and a gun in his truck. He is. Especially since he is a highly compensated professional athlete and not just some street dealer.

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That is not a crazy amount a weed. Less than a pound. Certainly enough to get someone in trouble for intent to distribute I guess but this isn't exactly drug kingpin quantities we're talking about here. By contrast Nate Newton had > 200 pounds the first time he got busted and a little < 200 lbs the second time. That's trafficking at that level.

Obviously the guy is going to be in trouble and I don't know what will happen to all that cash, but the street value of that stuff isn't anywhere near the amount of cash he had (probably no more than a few thousand dollars). Not saying the guy isn't a moron for driving around smoking weed while in possession of 3/4 pound of weed, a shitload of cash, and a gun in his truck. He is. Especially since he is a highly compensated professional athlete and not just some street dealer.
He was probably on the way back from the deal, hence the large ammount of cash and little dope. Probably tested it hence the driving out the window...

Top Bottom