Report: Rams interested in trading for Nick Foles

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Rams interested in trading for Nick Foles

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 27, 2015, 6:39 AM EST

Last year, the Eagles made one of the most surprising moves of the offseason when they released receiver DeSean Jackson. This year, the Eagles may again make a surprising move by getting rid of starting quarterback Nick Foles.

Multiple stories have surfaced this month indicating that Eagles coach Chip Kelly is interested in moving on from Foles, especially if Kelly could replace Foles with his old Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota. The latest report comes from NJ.com, which says that possible suitors are beginning to emerge, and the Rams have interest in Foles.

The Rams have indicated that they would like quarterback Sam Bradford to return this year, but only at the right price. If the Rams can’t convince Bradford to take a significant pay cut from the $13 million he’s scheduled to make this year, they’ll surely release him, and then trading for Foles could make sense.

The question, however, is whether it would make sense for the Eagles. If Kelly is going to get rid of Foles, he has to be confident he can acquire someone better. Unless the Eagles are able to move up in the draft and get Mariota in three months, trading Foles feels like an odd move.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I saw this yesterday and think he would be a solid upgrade for them. I think he is better than Bradford and that shit they marched out last year. They need help at WR though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
One thing about this though...I don't think the QB for the Eagles next year is currently on their roster.

Top Bottom