2015 Season - 4 London Games With 9:30am EST Start Time

data

Forbes #1
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462049/article/nfl-games-in-london-to-start-at-930-am-et-in-2015

The NFL finalized the schedule of the three London games on Thursday, and they will all start at 9:30 a.m. ET. That means fans from the United States can essentially enjoy a "quadruple-header" of televised games on Oct. 4, Oct. 25, and Nov. 1.

The NFL tested out the different timing of the game in Week 8 of the 2014 season with Atlanta and Detroit facing off early. For folks like myself on the West Coast, that meant NFL football starting as the sun came up.
This season's matchups were established in November. The New York Jets and Miami Dolphins face off Oct. 4; the Buffalo Bills andJacksonville Jaguars on Oct. 25; and the Detroit Lions battle theKansas City Chiefs on Nov. 1.
The early morning start puts a different spotlight on the London games, with a national audience able to see them without any competition. The extra "window" of games also provides something for a league that is always looking for new properties. We'd be surprised if these early morning games don't become a tradition for the NFL in years to come.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh.

As much as I hate the London games, it is okay they air them early. Just means more football.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hate it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't really care, just glad the Cowboys are not playing there.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They will get back around to the cowboys. Hate London games to begin with. This just makes it worse for me but I guess I just have to deal with it. /mini-rant off.

Top Bottom