Felix Jones signs with the Eagles

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
ESPN.com

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Felix Jones has agreed to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles on a one-year deal, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

The 2008 first-round draft choice out of Arkansas spent the first five years of his career with the Cowboys. The free agent had reportedly visited with the Eagles and first-year coach Chip Kelly last week before working out for the New England Patriots.

The 26-year-old Jones started seven games last season while playing in all 16 games, finishing with 402 yards on 111 carries for 3.6 average with three touchdowns, while adding 25 receptions for 262 yards and two touchdowns.

Jones will join a running back stable anchored by LeSean McCoy with Bryce Brown as the No. 2 back. McCoy was limted to 840 yards in 12 games last season after rushing for a career-high 1,309 yards in 2011.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Anyone want to bet that Felix looks halfway decent in a real organization and with an offensive coach that actually has some imagination and creativity?

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone want to bet that Felix looka halfway decent in a real organization and with an offensive coach that actually has some imagination and creativity.
I bet he barely sees the field if at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make their final roster.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Anyone want to bet that Felix looka halfway decent in a real organization and with an offensive coach that actually has some imagination and creativity.
I'll take that bet. His speed and elusiveness are gone. And he's behind McCoy and Brown to boot.

midswat

... soon
He'll suck 14 games a year yet find a way to stick it in our butt twice in 2013.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll take that bet. His speed and elusiveness are gone. And he's behind McCoy and Brown to boot.
Well, being as Chip Kelly is having them run track meets everyday, I think it'll be a positive sign as far as his speed and conditioning goes if he makes the final roster.

If he makes the 53, that means he's in good shape and will most likely have regained that burst he lost in Dallas. I mean, the guy is 26 so it's not like he can't regain his explosiveness if he dedicates himself to doing so.

midswat

... soon
YDRC. Vet was imploded before Felix was drafted.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He once had the look of an elite return man...maybe they try to resurrect him on returns, although he has lost speed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Eagles release WR Marvin McNutt
Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 14, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT

The Eagles released second-year wide receiver Marvin McNutt on Tuesday, the club said.

The announcement of McNutt’s departure came as the club confirmed the addition of running back Felix Jones, news of which emerged earlier in the day. Jones signed a one-year contract, the team said.

The 23-year-old McNutt was a sixth-round pick of Philadelphia in 2012. He spent most of his rookie season on the practice squad but was added to the active roster on November 30. McNutt (6-2, 216) appeared in four games for the Eagles.

Jones, who had a five-season stint with Dallas, is participating in the Eagles’ Tuesday OTAs, the club said.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well, being as Chip Kelly is having them run track meets everyday, I think it'll be a positive sign as far as his speed and conditioning goes if he makes the final roster.

If he makes the 53, that means he's in good shape and will most likely have regained that burst he lost in Dallas. I mean, the guy is 26 so it's not like he can't regain his explosiveness if he dedicates himself to doing so.
I tend to agree with your take. Kelly's setting a conditioning pace that I'm pretty sure Dallas has never matched during Garrett's tenure.

Plus you have to consider Brown's fumbling problem. If Brown continues to have ball security issues I could easily see Felix beating him out for the 2nd RB position.

Carp

DCC 4Life

The Eagles released second-year wide receiver Marvin McNutt on Tuesday, the club said.

The announcement of McNutt’s departure came as the club confirmed the addition of running back Felix Jones, news of which emerged earlier in the day. Jones signed a one-year contract, the team said.

The 23-year-old McNutt was a sixth-round pick of Philadelphia in 2012. He spent most of his rookie season on the practice squad but was added to the active roster on November 30. McNutt (6-2, 216) appeared in four games for the Eagles.

Jones, who had a five-season stint with Dallas, is participating in the Eagles’ Tuesday OTAs, the club said.
BUMPNUTTZ

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

This will go down as the Eagles' biggest FA folly since letting Reggie White walk.

Moves like this are why that team will never win a championship.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom