Archer: DeMarco Murray - 'I'm ready' for late-season push

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
DeMarco Murray: 'I'm ready' for late-season push
November, 17, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

DALLAS – DeMarco Murray turned off the football world during the Dallas Cowboys’ bye weekend.

He watched a little of the Philadelphia Eagles' loss to the Green Bay Packers, but that was it. On Tuesday, Murray and the Cowboys return to Valley Ranch to start their final six-week stretch of the regular season.

Murray, who has already surpassed his career highs in rushing yards and carries, figures to play an even bigger role down the stretch than he did in the first 10 games of the season.

“I’m ready,” Murray said after serving early Thanksgiving meals at the Salvation Army Carr P. Collins Social Service Center in Dallas on Monday. “Like I’ve said before, whatever they ask me to do I’m going to do it times 10. It’s going to be an exciting next couple of weeks for us.”

Murray leads the NFL with 1,233 yards on 244 carries with seven touchdowns. He has had 100 yards rushing in nine of the Cowboys’ 10 games. Before this season, he never had more than 1,121 yards or 217 carries in a season.

As much as his body needed the rest, he felt the time off did wonders for his mind, too.

“I don’t know about anyone else, but I just totally got away,” Murray said. “I didn’t watch it. I didn’t concentrate on it. So I’m excited. I think we’re all recharged and ready to go.”

With four of their six games on the road and all in cold-weather cities, the Cowboys are built more for the upcoming stretch than in years past where they relied on Tony Romo’s right arm. The Cowboys still rely on Romo and Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, but Murray’s legs have been a large factor in the success.

“Obviously we’re running the ball well, and I think we’re throwing it well, too,” Murray said. “So in this part of the year, it’s cold, the weather, so I think running is going to be a little bit more of a factor for us, which is good. We’ve got a strong offensive line. We’ve got some backs who can run and also got a lot of guys on the edge that can go up and get the ball. So it’s going to be huge for us.”

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If he fumbles one more motherfucking time....

Top Bottom