PFT: Peyton Manning shouts “Romo!” before snap, hands off

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Peyton Manning shouts “Romo!” before snap, hands off

Posted by Mike Wilkening on October 24, 2014, 12:48 AM EDT
AP
As Denver tried to run out the clock in the final three minutes of Thursday night’s game vs. San Diego, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning barked signals near the line of scrimmage.

Then, he shouted a word — a surname, it sure seemed — that caught the attention.

“Romo!” Manning barked, as this NFL.com clip confirms.

A few seconds later, Manning handed off to tailbackJuwan Thompson, who gained five yards up the middle, giving Denver its final first down in a 35-21 victory.

Was “Romo” a reference to Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo? Or was it a nod to Giants pitcher Sergio Romo? Or could it be a shout out to United Kingdom clothier The Romo Group?

Anyways, in the final minutes, Manning was also heard barking “Elway! Elway!” before the snap. This would figure to be a reference to former Broncos quarterback/current G.M. John Elway. “Apple!” and old-standard “Omaha!” were also yelled by Manning.

These 21st century microphones sure are powerful.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They said on the radio after the game he was calling "Romo" for right and "Elway" for left, to indicate which side the play was going to based on the strength of the chargers defensive formation.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I thought I heard a defender say " I'm not Romo".

Top Bottom