Machota - Kiffin: Everybody in the Dallas Cowboys organization is on the same page

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Monte Kiffin: Everybody in the Dallas Cowboys organization is on the same page

By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
jmachota@dallasnews.com
8:11 am on May 11, 2013 | \

IRVING — Maybe Jerry Jones handpicked Monte Kiffin to be defensive coordinator or maybe Jason Garrett made the call. Either way, Kiffin wants it to be known that everyone in the Dallas Cowboys organization is “unified.”

“Everybody is on the same page,” Kiffin said after the Friday morning session of rookie minicamp. “You may hear this or hear that or whatever, I just know that I was impressed ever since I’ve been here with the way we handle our meetings, starting with ownership and Jason and the whole bit.

“It’s been awesome. I don’t make stuff up.”

Kiffin, who was hired to replace Rob Ryan in January, was just as energetic while speaking with reporters on Friday as he was during his introductory press conference four months ago, certainly not seeming like someone who is tired of coaching.

The 73-year-old is in the process of implementing his 4-3 Tampa-Two defense in hopes of improving a Cowboys unit that ranked 14th in the league in 2011 and 19th in 2012, both years in Ryan’s 3-4 scheme.

“Kiff looked great,” Garrett said on Friday. “He’s got great energy. He’s got great balance. He’s fun to be around. He loves football. He’s very passionate about it. He’s a passionate teacher. You see that in the meeting rooms. You see that on the practice field. He’s seen a lot of football in his life. He’s a very wise football guy. He has that bounce in his step and that gleam in his eye in everything that he does. Very contagious. I love being around the guy.”

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The biggest positive change from Ryan to Kiffin may be that we don't have to hear Ryan's mouth anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Am I the only one who thinks Kiffin resembles Ron Paul?

Lotuseater

Banned
If you'd said gene hackman, then maybe.....

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger

Why isn't PETA on his ass over whatever woodland creature is on his head?

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
The biggest positive change from Ryan to Kiffin may be that we don't have to hear Ryan's mouth anymore.
Too right.

Ryan was out to prove he can coach-- Kiffin's legacy is secure. He's coaching because he loves the game and wants to be there. Give me the guy who's coaching because he loves it over a guy who's out to build his rep and prove he's awesome every day of the week.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If he could actually back up the talk I'd have been fine with his mouth. But he should have shut up once it was proven that his coaching ability is subpar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom