Williams: Cowboys' veteran receivers welcome the addition of Terrance Williams

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys' veteran receivers welcome the addition of Terrance Williams

Cowboys starting receivers Miles Austin and Dez Bryant welcome the addition of Terrance Williams. Williams, a third-round pick from Baylor, will compete with Dwayne Harris for the No. 3 job.

"He’s a great receiver," Bryant said of Williams. "He can stretch the field. He can go deep. He can make a short-yardage play go long. He’s got that type of ability. He can go up and grab the ball. That’s what you want in the guy.

"...Whatever I know, I’ll be in his corner to help him, because we need him. As soon as he comes in, we’ll expect him to do big things."

Williams, a Dallas native, caught 97 passes for a nation-leading 1,832 yards and 12 touchdowns as a senior last season. He had 34 catches of at least 20 yards and 16 that went at least 30.

Two years ago, Dallas' third receiver, Laurent Robinson, caught 54 passes for 858 yards and 11 touchdowns.

The Cowboys could groom Williams to be a cheaper replacement for Austin in 2014. But that won't stop Austin from helping Williams adjust to the NFL.

"From what I’ve seen, I think he’s a tremendous player," Austin said. "He seems like a really nice humble guy on the interviews and everything like that. I’m going to try to teach him things and learn things from him. I’m sure he has things he’s done over there. But just try to bring as many of the guys along as we can."

-- Charean Williams

junk

Not So New Member
Pretty stoked about this pick actually. Great value in 3.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty stoked about this pick actually. Great value in 3.
I want him good enough to push Austin off the roster perhaps by 2014.

Looks like a good compliment for Bryant.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want him good enough to push Austin off the roster perhaps by 2014.

Looks like a good compliment for Bryant.
That's my hope, Austin's contract will get real ugly real soon. I know it means more dead money, but better dead money then to pay a guy a base salary of like 8 mil.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's my hope, Austin's contract will get real ugly real soon. I know it means more dead money, but better dead money then to pay a guy a base salary of like 8 mil.
I am just amazed at how any numbnut can just look at our roster and how it is paid and still think Stephen Jones is competent.

I am beginning to hate him as much as his damn father.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Austin will stay healthy this year, have a 1200 yard 8 TD season and his contract will be restructured.

You know I am right about this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Austin will stay healthy this year, have a 1200 yard 8 TD season and his contract will be restructured.

You know I am right about this.
Feh.

His hamstrings will explode before that ever happens and we are left holding the bag on a lot of dead money for him.

In fact, I don't think he plays more than eight games this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feh.

His hamstrings will explode before that ever happens and we are left holding the bag on a lot of dead money for him.
Or he will put up those numbers and then have his hammys explode during crunch time when we need him most in order to make the playoffs. I have never seen a guy not finish so many games.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Or he will put up those numbers and then have his hammys explode during crunch time when we need him most in order to make the playoffs. I have never seen a guy not finish so many games.
Sure you have. His name is Tony Romo. :drums

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Feh.

In fact, I don't think he plays more than eight games this season.
Yowza. Austin may be hobbling around before training camp is over. Personally I really hope he worked on strengthening it in the off season but his history leaves me suspect.

vince

Not So New Member
Yowza. Austin may be hobbling around before training camp is over. Personally I really hope he worked on strengthening it in the off season but his history leaves me suspect.
His history of injuries dates back to his days at kickoff returner.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We should have cut Austin already and brought in a cheaper option. Domenik Hixon was my suggestion, he signed a one year 1.2 million dollar deal with Carolina.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Austin will be easily cuttable after 2014 and if he is cut after this year he counts 7 million in dead money moving forward which is easily spread over 2 years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
We should have cut Austin already and brought in a cheaper option. Domenik Hixon was my suggestion, he signed a one year 1.2 million dollar deal with Carolina.
Do you really want to start the season with Bryant and Hixon as your starting receivers?

By the way Hixon has completed a full season only once.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Hixon is not the answer at all. I'd rather roll Harris out there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Hixon is not the answer at all. I'd rather roll Harris out there.
Yeah no thanks on Hixon. I like Harris, but I'm really glad we drafted Williams. I think he is a better compliment to Bryant while Harris is really the type of guy I want working as my third WR.

Top Bottom