Please please please

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 3m
Carr said the new defense allows the corners to be aggressive and press the receivers at the line of scrimmage every play

Pray this is how it turns out. I think you will see Claiborne really shine in that kind of atmosphere as long as the safeties can maintain to make it a true Tampa 2.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This was supposed to happen with Ryan, but then of course the safeties went belly up in Seattle and so the CB's spent another season backed ten yards off the ball. Carr even had to play safety one game.

I wouldn't want to play against the Cowboys week 1, but by week 2 Ratliff, Lee, and the safeties should be hurt again and everything will go to shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:zzz

Old Man Kiffin will be zone coverage out the ass after it is clear we can't get to the passer.

I have a bad feeling about this season...especially on defense.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
:zzz

Old Man Kiffin will be zone coverage out the ass after it is clear we can't get to the passer.

I have a bad feeling about this season...especially on defense.
I actually have the opposite feeling. I think the D takes a big step forward under Kiffin's leadership.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I actually have the opposite feeling. I think the D takes a big step forward under Kiffin's leadership.
I am not convinced the personnel fits on the DL.

Even if it does, our depth is crap.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think we'll get after the passer better this year, we didn't bring in a Tampa-2 coach to coach the LBs and DBs, so I worry that the turnovers won't follow like they should. We could have had former Tampa-2 coordinators at all three positions to speed the transition, but we had to keep the guys the previous coordinator handpicked. That's how committed the organization is to the directions it picks.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
If your safeties are Matt Johnson and a rookie, the CBs will be playing ten yards off the ball as usual

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If your safeties are Matt Johnson and a rookie, the CBs will be playing ten yards off the ball as usual
Listen, peckerhead, there is room for only one Dr. Dickface on this board. So, GTFO.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's usually the reaction but it's always wrong. Why respond to having bad safeties by making your cornerbacks worse? I think these corners would have more success playing press, even if they were in cover 0 than they have had playing off.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I was hoping the title of this thread was based on a report that Jerry had terminal cancer.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was hoping the title of this thread was based on a report that Jerry had terminal cancer.
BAHAHAAHAAAAAHAAAOMGNEVERGETSOLDBAHAHAHAAAA

~wipes tears~

ohhh...that was a good one.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hearing it from Carr though gives me hope. I think he will almost force it to happen.

Lotuseater

Banned
I feel differently for a couple reasons. Teams have years of Ware on tape as an OLB, and he still leads the world in sacks. I see an adjustment period for offenses trying to block him right, and I bet he really tears some shit up before they hone in on him. If Ratliff can still quickly slip one-on-one blocks, Ware and Spencer will feast.

Secondly, Sean Lee. This player was born to lead a Tampa 2 defense. I really think our defense is in for an outstanding year. Best defense since mid 90's.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have a bad feeling that Ware is going to struggle in the 4-3.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The problem with Ware is that he had more space to work in with the 3-4, just by the scheme alone he is closer to the OT and they'll get their hands on him quicker, slowing down his quickness. He is going to have to adjust more than opposing offenses.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No more sacks on a TE or RB

Lotuseater

Banned
I think he's more natural than that. He doesn't let tackles get their hands on him much. And he's still Gawd awful quick. I fully expect Ware to be Ware. I don't se him diminished one bit this year. We'll see.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not saying he is not going to be effective, he is just not going to be this new secret weapon for us than opposing offense did not see coming. His pass rushing is not really what I am worried about, I'd run at him if I am on the other team. Wear him down that way, slow down his pass rush as the game went on.

Top Bottom