Carrie Underwood replaces Faith Hill as voice of SNF

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Carrie Underwood replaces Faith Hill as voice of SNF

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer

May 7, 2013 4:33 pm ET

Just in case you were worried that you weren't going to get to see an attractive blonde country singer belt out the Sunday Night Football theme song now that Faith Hill is gone, you can be relieved by this latest news.

Hill's replacement is Carrie Underwood.

So, you replace Hill with Underwood, and well, things probably won't be much different on Sunday nights on NBC.

Unless, of course, you're Tony Romo, and the Cowboys are playing on SNF. Psst, the two dated in 2007, and after they broke up, Underwood had this to say to Esquire:

"Point blank, [Romo] is about football," she said. "I don't know if it's that I'm not quite his type or whatever, but I don't think he's at the point in his life where he would be willing to sacrifice football.

"He hated so much that people thought that he was paying more attention to me and that was causing him to not do well."

For Romo's sake, that hopefully won't be the case in Weeks 1, 6 and 10 -- when the Cowboys play on Sunday Night Football following the Underwood lead-in.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
May I humbly request we change the song from Joan Jett's obscure, shitty hit, "I Hate Myself for Loving You," to "Hell Awaits" by Slayer?

D

Deuce

May I humbly request we change the song from Joan Jett's obscure, shitty hit, "I Hate Myself for Loving You," to "Hell Awaits" by Slayer?
WGAS about the song. Just give her the black go-go boots and we're all good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They just better make her more slutty looking. That's all I care about.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
:towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Underwood will be performing the same number Hill made famous for the past five seasons: "Waiting All Day For Sunday Night," which is set to the tune of Joan Jett's classic "I Hate Myself For Loving You." She'll be recording her own version of the song, marking her first production for NBC Sports. "It's the same song, same lyrics, but it’s going to be with my flair," she explained.
Better hope for the go-go boots.

Carp

DCC 4Life
OMG...Underwood flair is the best.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
WGAS about the song. Just give her the black go-go boots and we're all good.

I do. After watching SNF, I have Joan Jett stuck in my head until Monday afternoon. I just can't believe they chose that tune. It blows. Hell Awaits would be far more appropriate.

Top Bottom