Cowboys get into the Bryant McKinnie mix

Carp

DCC 4Life
A slow offseason seems to be picking up steam for Bryant McKinnie.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens free agent left tackle has offers from the Chargers and Dolphins already, and the Cowboys have made an inquiry as well.

Adding more teams to the mix is only going to help his value, but the Chargers and Dolphins have a greater need for the veteran pass-blocker.

Dallas is solid on the left with Tyron Smith, but could use McKinnie as leverage to squeeze a pay cut out of Doug Free as well, or just replace him

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
@clarencehilljr 11m A cowboys source said the team is not pursuing free agent tackle Bryant McKinnie

Carp

DCC 4Life
Well, Nodak pretty much fucked this discussion up with his Twitter bomb.

Time to go read Schmitty talk about Garrett I guess.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, Nodak pretty much fucked this discussion up with his Twitter bomb.

Time to go read Schmitty talk about Garrett I guess.
:lol

sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You read that mess?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Broaddus said that he's getting the sense around Valley Ranch that a RT will not be signed and that Doug Free will most likely be the starter. Outstanding plan considering Doug Free is a shitty RT.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just can't see that being true. That sucks balls if true though. I wonder what became of Brandon Moore, we had wood for him a while back...now nothing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like our name is continually getting thrown into the mix with free agent OTs and then a dick quickly comes out and says Dallas isn't actually showing interest.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I just can't see that being true. That sucks balls if true though. I wonder what became of Brandon Moore, we had wood for him a while back...now nothing.
It might not be true. He talks to people around VR and isn't afraid to talk about what he's hearing on dc.com, but it isn't as though he's a front office guy or anything. Hoping he's off-base on this one.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Unfathomable that we aren't even looking at any FA OLs.

Retarded GMing at it's finest.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I'm sure Free will be back and most likely with little if any kind of pay cut. The offense will be barely functional once again thanks to the horrendous right side of the OL and Jerry will be genuinely perplexed why it's not working.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Unfathomable that we aren't even looking at any FA OLs.

Retarded GMing at it's finest.
You would think our ivy league educated coach would be jumping up and down demanding we get better along the Oline.

You'd think...

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
It might not be true. He talks to people around VR and isn't afraid to talk about what he's hearing on dc.com, but it isn't as though he's a front office guy or anything. Hoping he's off-base on this one.
At least recently, Broaddus has been right a lot more than he's been wrong about the (non)thinking at VR.

I can easily see Jerry choosing to bring Free back. It fits his pattern of retardism perfectly. He won't admit he made a mistake on the player and he would rather put a bad product on the field than lose face. He's scared to death to bring in a player that hasn't played here before. And he's too cheap to pay market rate for FA's that are available.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Moot point. He resigned with the ravens

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
At least recently, Broaddus has been right a lot more than he's been wrong about the (non)thinking at VR.

I can easily see Jerry choosing to bring Free back. It fits his pattern of retardism perfectly. He won't admit he made a mistake on the player and he would rather put a bad product on the field than lose face. He's scared to death to bring in a player that hasn't played here before. And he's too cheap to pay market rate for FA's that are available.
If Free refuses to take a significant pay cut and they don't release him then Jerry better damn well get hammered in the media. Just yesterday he was again denying that there is a "country club" atmosphere around Valley Ranch. Bringing Free back at all flies in the face of that, IMO, but bringing him back at his current cost would spit in the face of it. He was terrible last year and the organization has been public about the fact that they asked him to take a pay cut.

As severely and chronically retarded as Jerry Jones is I still think that if Free is on the team it will be for a lot less money than he's making now. Problem is that they'll have the same shitty player, just for less money.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Brandon Moore...what is the deal with him?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Broaddus said that he's getting the sense around Valley Ranch that a RT will not be signed and that Doug Free will most likely be the starter. Outstanding plan considering Doug Free is a shitty RT.
Of course he will. Did anyone really expect things to change? Free could slap his dick across Charlotte Jones' face and Jerry would pretend it didn't happen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Brandon Moore...what is the deal with him?
I've been talking about him for a while, but if Jerry signs him then he admits he fucked up in signing one of Livings or Bernadeau. As for why he's not signed already by someone it's probably a Waters type deal where at age 33 he's waiting for as much money as he can get.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Why should Free take a pay cut? He has these morons completely where he wants them. They're too stupid to sign anyone. All he has to do is ignore Jerry until the FA pool has completely dried up and then come back to his starting job at full pay. Jerry doesn't have the balls to cut him with only Parnell to take over at RT.

Top Bottom