Tyson Clabo and Israel Idonije

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Everybody here knows the situation on the OL and DL and to me these guys are two clear solutions to both problems, neither of these guys should cost much either.

Cut Free, sign Clabo and all of a sudden we have two pretty solid OT's with an interior guy who finally has some lead in his ass in Frederick. The other two interior spots aren't ideal but you can't be perfect everywhere and you'd hope we could scheme around/coach up 2 spots on the interior line.

Idonije on the other hand, I have no clue why he isn't signed. He's not that old, he's been very productive and he's versatile. He obviously has experience in our defense and he is a guy who can come in and provide depth at both DE/DT, in all honesty he'd probably be a quasi-starter with how much playing time he'd get.

I don't see any reason for not signing these guys unless their demands are unrealistic, they both seem like clear and obvious solutions to the two biggest problem areas on this team right now. Give me these two and I think we could definitely win the division.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I don't know about winning the division but it would sure as hell make me feel better about the way things have gone this off-season. I would like to see a stat on records of teams in the first year of a new defensive philosophy. Doubt there are any but it would be interesting.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Are they willing to wait until June to sign contracts? Because I don't see us doing a damned thing until then.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
“@MssHarmon: @BryanBroaddus do you see them going after anyone else for D-line support? Or do you think they think it's set?” This is it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have the cap room right now to sign an OT. We just don't have the money to sign and OT and the draft picks. That's why you have to release Free at the same time, which should free up the room to sign the draft picks after June 1st.

I wouldn't expect a DE signing at this point. I think that is something you may see late in the process once Dallas realizes that Wilber doesn't fit in as a 4-3 DE.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
“@MssHarmon: @BryanBroaddus do you see them going after anyone else for D-line support? Or do you think they think it's set?” This is it.
They've deluded themselves with the belief that Hatcher and Ratliff are young and elite and that Lissemore is some kind of stud in waiting.

Kiffen probably looks in and shakes his head at this point. If he knew then what he knows now, would he have signed on and convinced his old cronies to join him?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The D line is set.

RE: Ware/John Wilbur
DT: Ratliff/Lissemore
DT: Hatcher/Price
LE: Spencer/Crawford

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Clabo is on his way to visit with Miami tonight.

The OL is SET!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Clabo is on his way to visit with Miami tonight.

The OL is SET!
It was inevitable he'd get snapped up just after the draft. No reason for a team with a need not to sign him. Unless they were run by the Jones's.

Clabo tweeted pictures of road signs entering Louisiana and Tennessee before the draft. The Saints drafted Armstead and Titans got Warmack, but Warmack's a guard so I could see Tennessee still being interested.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd be happy with either Clabo or Winston. Both guys represent significant upgrades over Free.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
We're going to get stuck with Free again. I'm sure Jerry's hoping Clabo and Winston get snapped up so he has an excuse for hanging onto another one of his clusterfricks he can't give up on.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Can't wait to hear the excuse why we didn't get one of the pretty good RTs in free agency.

Well...ah....um.......

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was inevitable he'd get snapped up just after the draft. No reason for a team with a need not to sign him. Unless they were run by the Jones's.

Clabo tweeted pictures of road signs entering Louisiana and Tennessee before the draft. The Saints drafted Armstead and Titans got Warmack, but Warmack's a guard so I could see Tennessee still being interested.
He'd likely be a backup in Tennessee unless something is wrong with David Stewart I don't know about.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Can't wait to hear the excuse why we didn't get one of the pretty good RTs in free agency.

Well...ah....um.......

"Now Doug Free didn't play as well as we'd like last year, but we expect him to come in and bust his tail. But he's a big part of the future of the Dallus Cahboyz...that's why I re-signed him to a new 5-year extension..."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not sure. He sure played like he had an infected vagina.
Well, sure, but it seemed Sfiel was insinuating that he wasn't healthy last year and that was the reason he sucked so bad and that he would be better this year because he's now healthy.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Top Bottom