New Cowboys Terrell McClain: Rod Marinelli was a huge reason I came to Dallas

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
New Cowboys Terrell McClain: Rod Marinelli was a huge reason I came to Dallas

SPORTSDAYDFW.COM

Published: 12 April 2014 04:56 PM

Updated: 12 April 2014 05:01 PM

New Cowboys defensive lineman Terrell McClain joined Sirius XM NFL radio on Saturday. Here are some highlights from the interview.

On how Rod Marinelli factored in with McClain signing with the Cowboys:

“It factored in a lot. He actually came down to my pro day and actually did the drills at my pro day three years ago when I was coming out of college, so I had a chance to talk to him. He was telling me all about himself. He’s a great guy, a great coach and I’m really fortunate to be able to be coached by him the next three years.”

On if playing in a 4-3 defense will suit his skills:

“I believe so. I was always used to the 4-3, especially being in the 4-3 in college and being in a 4-3 more first year in the NFL. … Being able to play both under and over tackle, playing 3-tech when I was in Carolina and learning how to play nose in Houston is really going to better myself into the 4-3 system that the Dallas Cowboys have.”

On transitioning from Houston to Dallas:

“I think the biggest thing is probably going to be the media. It is America’s team. There’s going to more pressure on that part of it, being surrounded by cameras and what not, but the market is going to be excellent. That team, what Jerry Jones has done with that team is phenomenal over the years. I think it’s going to be a fun experience.”

On if there’s a difference between the AFC and the NFC:

“There is a difference. Most of the teams in the AFC were more a spread-type, hurry-up fast-pace offense and the NFC is more hard-nosed, down-hill running-type teams. It’s definitely a difference.”

Top Bottom