Jets cut Tim Tebow

Carp

DCC 4Life
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 29, 2013, 8:02 AM EDT

The Tim Tebow era is over in New York.

The Jets have released Tebow, the New York Post first reported and the team has officially announced. He will now pass through waivers, meaning every NFL team will have a chance to claim him.

Tebow was widely expected to be on the way out for months, and the only surprise is that the Jets waited until now to do it. The arrival of rookie quarterback Geno Smith in the second round of the NFL draft may have been what it took for the Jets to decide that there was simply no room for Tebow on the roster anymore.

Now the question is whether there’s any room for Tebow anywhere in the NFL. Last year, when the Broncos decided to get rid of Tebow, the Jets and Jaguars were the only teams that expressed any interest. Now the Jets have moved on, and the Jaguars have already said Tebow will not be coming to Jacksonville.

Which means the Tim Tebow era may be over not just in New York, but in all of the NFL.

Newt

DCC 4Life
RIP Tebowmania.
Don't be so sure, I've heard rumor that we have a little cap space and that Tebow kid is a natural born leader of the masses. Jerry could sell so many Tebow jerseys, the only thing easier than being a Cowboys GM is selling Jesus, I'm sure Jerry could handle both.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Don't be so sure, I've heard rumor that we have a little cap space and that Tebow kid is a natural born leader of the masses. Jerry could sell so many Tebow jerseys, the only thing easier than being a Cowboys GM is selling Jesus, I'm sure Jerry could handle both.
Git 'er done, Jerry! :towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:window

D

Deuce

Book him a flight to Jacksonville and let Gator Nation rejoice. The prodigal son has returned.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 12s
I'm pleased to report that my Twitter mentions included only one serious suggestion that the Cowboys sign Tim Tebow.

I'm telling you, our fanbase is getting smarter. :towel

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think he ends up with the Patriots.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That would actually be the best place for him. Other than that I'd say its over.

D

Deuce

I don't think McDaniel wants to bother with him and it's not like their QB situation is bad enough that they would pull Brady off the field for a few snaps here and there for Tebow to run the wildcat.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Belichik likes him...or so I seem to remember. I think he could see him on playing other positions.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
His only chance is to switch positions. He could be a decent FB or TE. Since he will " do anything to help the team" that shouldn't be a problem, right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:fyou

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think McDaniel wants to bother with him and it's not like their QB situation is bad enough that they would pull Brady off the field for a few snaps here and there for Tebow to run the wildcat.
Not at QB. But as a gimmick player? If anyone can pull it off it is them.

They can take WRs and make them nickel backs. We just keep drafting and overpaying them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I could see Tebow in like a big Danny Woodhead role easy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Safety? Huh? That doesnt even make sense.
I have seen a lot of QB's converted to DB's. They are good at reading defenses,athletic and agile. Tebow is used to contact as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
One of the finest athletes I ever personally witnessed was a QB out of Kansas a few years ago. He also had a fine pro career with the LA Rams as a DB. His name is Nolan Cromwell.

Top Bottom