Jerry Jones gets booed in his own building

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT

When Cowboys owner Jerry Jones built a state-of-the-art stadium five years ago, he embarked on using it for big events unrelated to the NFL team he owns. And he has; a Super Bowl, multiple college football games, and other activities have kept the building occupied on some of the 355 days per year when the Cowboys aren’t playing there.

On Saturday, the House That Jerry Built is hosting the Final Four. And Jerry is there. And Jerry was shown on the giant drive-in movie screen that hovers over the playing surface.

And Jerry was booed.

While he deserves criticism for the current state of a team that won thee Super Bowls during his first seven years of ownership, folks who live in Texas can attend the Final Four because of Jones’ efforts. For that, he deserves to be applauded.

He may not currently deserve to be applauded for anything related to his football team, but he definitely deserves to be applauded for building a stadium that has attracted to North Texas the Final Four.
------------

He also had Johnny Manziel as a guest in his luxury box.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT

When Cowboys owner Jerry Jones built a state-of-the-art stadium five years ago, he embarked on using it for big events unrelated to the NFL team he owns. And he has; a Super Bowl, multiple college football games, and other activities have kept the building occupied on some of the 355 days per year when the Cowboys aren’t playing there.

On Saturday, the House That Jerry Built is hosting the Final Four. And Jerry is there. And Jerry was shown on the giant drive-in movie screen that hovers over the playing surface.

And Jerry was booed.

While he deserves criticism for the current state of a team that won thee Super Bowls during his first seven years of ownership, folks who live in Texas can attend the Final Four because of Jones’ efforts. For that, he deserves to be applauded.

He may not currently deserve to be applauded for anything related to his football team, but he definitely deserves to be applauded for building a stadium that has attracted to North Texas the Final Four.
------------

He also had Johnny Manziel as a guest in his luxury box.
Is this fact or spoof?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I used to think that there would be no way that even Jerry would move up to get him. Now a little doubt is creeping up with each of these reports. I wonder when Manziel was shown on the screen if he got applause? Heaven help us if alcohol is consumed the night/day before the draft.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I used to think that there would be no way that even Jerry would move up to get him. Now a little doubt is creeping up with each of these reports. I wonder when Manziel was shown on the screen if he got applause? Heaven help us if alcohol is consumed the night/day before the draft.
Actually Manziel was booed a little as well.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Where are the pics of our power couple Jony? Surely those two wouldn't pass up the Final Four in their own backyard.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Where are the pics of our power couple Jony? Surely those two wouldn't pass up the Final Four in their own backyard.
Pfft, they're yesterdays news, Jerhnny was in the house

Stars

DCC 4Life
Make it happen Jerry. You can't draft worth a damn anyway....just go get Manziel.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Actually Manziel was booed a little as well.
At least there is that. Not that that would deter Jerry but I think if it was an overwhelming applause he would take that as a sign of approval.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Johnny Football is a celebrity already in Texas. I don't know if I'd read too much into Jerry inviting him into the suite. Of course you never know what Jerry will do. I don't think any Dallas fan saw the Claiborne trade coming.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jerry was booed because the NCAA crowd comes from all over the country and a lot pf people dislike the Cowboys.

I can only wish he was booed by Cowboys fans.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry was booed because the NCAA crowd comes from all over the country and a lot pf people dislike the Cowboys.

I can only wish he was booed by Cowboys fans.
It doesn't matter. It feels just as good hearing about it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry Jones, Cowboys are a punchline at ACM Awards
BY CINDY BOREN
April 7 at 10:25 am

Tough weekend for Jerry Jones, owner/general manager of the Dallas Cowboys and builder of JerryWorld in North Texas.

First, he was booed Saturday when, just before tipoff at the Final Four in his stadium, his visage was shown on the giant video screen that hovers over the floor at AT&T Stadium. And booed, shall we say, with gusto.

Then, during the Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday night, he was booed again and, to boot, was the butt of a joke when Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan noted that next year’s 50th-anniversary awards would be held at JerryWorld.

Shelton (via StyleBlog’s Emily Yahr): “You never see an awards show at Cowboys Stadium.”

Bryan: “You never see a playoff game there, either.”

Bada bing.

Jones was present in the audience at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and let’s just say that he wasn’t terribly amused, judging by his reaction.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Shelton (via StyleBlog’s Emily Yahr): “You never see an awards show at Cowboys Stadium.”

Bryan: “You never see a playoff game there, either.”

Bada bing.

Jones was present in the audience at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and let’s just say that he wasn’t terribly amused, judging by his reaction.
:fistpump

Top Bottom