Watkins: Griffin III - Skins "made Cowboys Stadium our home"

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Griffin III: Skins "made Cowboys Stadium our home"
April, 28, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

The Dallas Cowboys lost both games to the Washington Redskins in 2012, and Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III let his fans know about it during an after party for the White House correspondence dinner that was attended by Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz on Saturday.

"We made Cowboys Stadium our home," he told the crowd, according to Associated Press. "And that's what we want to continue to do. ... Rehab's going great. We're having a great draft right now, and I'm all in for Week 1 -- just like you guys are."

In the first meeting between the teams, Griffin threw for 311 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-31 victory on Thanksgiving Day.

Griffin is recovering from reconstructive knee surgery and played with a brace in the regular season finale against the Cowboys at FedEx Field.

During the rally Griffin ran in place and did some jumping jacks.

"I'm good. You guys saw me jumping. I mean, I can run a little bit," he said, running in place some more. "I'll be good. No worries. I'll take it slow, but at the same time, I'll be ready to go."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is this supposed to make me mad?

Grrr.

RGIII tell the truth...grrr.

What's next, Down's Eli talking about how he owns Jerry World?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Shows that it is still important for them to beat the Cowboys...the Giants are the bigger fish to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shows that it is still important for them to beat the Cowboys...the Giants are the bigger fish to me.
Feh.

The Redskins are in our heads though. They have a different temperament. There is no reason on earth we should have lost that finale other than the fact we played like a bunch of sissies.

We wanted to beat the Giants and how we performed in that opener showed what this team can do if they want a game bad enough. That's all they spent the offseason talking about was that game.

There just isn't much of that going around in Dallas. We should want to kick these guy's dicks in the dirt for ending our season when they frankly didn't play all that well, but we probably don't really care.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Feh.

The Redskins are in our heads though. They have a different temperament. There is no reason on earth we should have lost that finale other than the fact we played like a bunch of sissies.

We wanted to beat the Giants and how we performed in that opener showed what this team can do if they want a game bad enough. That's all they spent the offseason talking about was that game.

There just isn't much of that going around in Dallas. We should want to kick these guy's dicks in the dirt for ending our season when they frankly didn't play all that well, but we probably don't really care.
No reasons aside from the fact that the strength of the Skins offense was their running game, we were were missing Ratliff, Brent, Carter and Lee on the interior triangle of our defense and were literally starting about 3-4 guys who were 4th or 5th stringers that were signed off the street 2 months prior?

Yea, our team is full of pussies but there was no way our defense was ready to stop their rushing attack with all those injuries.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No reasons aside from the fact that the strength of the Skins offense was their running game, we were were missing Ratliff, Brent, Carter and Lee on the interior triangle of our defense and were literally starting about 3-4 guys who were 4th or 5th stringers that were signed off the street 2 months prior?

Yea, our team is full of pussies but there was no way our defense was ready to stop their rushing attack with all those injuries.
Plus the refs "let them play" in the defensive backfield and Bryant was basically mauled all game long.

But bottom line Garrett never adjusted even though the game was never out of reach. Ware should have been benched, and it's a testament to our lack of depth that he had to play with one arm. Romo is also not good in cold weather games, but worse on the road in the NFC East with the playoffs on the line (every NFC East team has lost in that situation in recent years).

Top Bottom