Kiper: NFCE Draft Grades

D

Deuce

Mel Kiper Jr.'s draft grades are in. Let's take a look at his assessments of the NFC East's teams.

Philadelphia Eagles: B+

Mel gives the Eagles a B for needs and an A for value, especially liking top pick Lane Johnson and second-rounder Zach Ertz.

New York Giants: C+

They get a C for needs and a B for value, with Mel downgrading them for failing to address cornerback or linebacker.

Dallas Cowboys: C+

He gave them a B for needs and a C- for value. He's consistent with the popular opinion that they could have had first-rounder Travis Frederick much later, but he likes the middle and late-round picks, especially running back Joseph Randle and safety J.J. Wilcox.

Washington Redskins: C+

They got a B- for needs and a C for value, and Mel says he bumped them up a bit because last year's Robert Griffin III trade included this year's first-round pick.

Graziano's take: I might have graded the Cowboys and Redskins a bit better -- Dallas because I'm not as down on the Frederick pick as a lot of people are. But I agree on the Eagles and Giants. We'll discuss these in much greater depth in the coming days.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Frederick grades better than Pugh or Long, and NY and Chicago didn't get an extra 3rd round pick for taking either of them, yet NY gets a higher grade for value?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Terrence Williams is a pet cat so I give it an A++. Otherwise it just would have been an A+.

Top Bottom