George: Cowboys Sign LB Will Herring

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Source: Dallas Cowboys agree to terms with New Orleans Saints free agent OLB Will Herring on one-year contract

By Brandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com
4:32 pm on March 13, 2014 |

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms on a one-year contract to add New Orleans Saints free agent outside linebacker Will Herring, according to a source.

Herring, who played college football at Auburn, spent his first four seasons with the Seattle Seahawks. He had been with the Saints the last three seasons. Herring (6-3, 241) will be 31 in August.

Herring is expected to provide depth at linebacker for the Cowboys and will also be a key special teams addition. Herring was the Saints’ special teams captain last season.

Ibjamn

Brand New Member
This shoots the "Archer-Cowboys-are-getting-younger" thread right in the ass....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This shoots the "Archer-Cowboys-are-getting-younger" thread right in the ass....
I wish we had a like button. I would give you one for that.

Then I would take it back because you do not have an avatar.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wish we had a like button. I would give you one for that.

Then I would take it back because you do not have an avatar.
That is fair, but it's also a one year deal. I think the main thing it to avoid long term and financially sizable commitments to older players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is fair, but it's also a one year deal. I think the main thing it to avoid long term and financially sizable commitments to older players.
This is the kind of signing I do not care about. It is pretty clear he's around for the ST and on a cheap one year. Don't care. One way or the other.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is the kind of signing I do not care about. It is pretty clear he's around for the ST and on a cheap one year. Don't care. One way or the other.
It's obviously a stop gap move pending the draft and further cap adjustments. Expect more of the same this year and possibly next until the results are in for the upcoming draft for this year and possibly next.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watch Broaddus write an article soon that states he is actually capable of something more than just playing special teams.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep.

Now, grab an avatar and a beer and sit back to prepare to post more, seriously.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Watch Broaddus write an article soon that states he is actually capable of something more than just playing special teams.
I'm guessing he's going to be one if not more of the following:

Hard to block

Smart - reads the game well

Quick/Fast/Explosive

Around the ball

Great tackler

Top Bottom