Mendez - Jones, 'very optimistic,' lays out a road for the Cowboys to get over .500

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry Jones, self-described 'very optimistic,' lays out a road for the Cowboys to get over .500

Jerry Jones can picture in his mind how the Cowboys can get over .500 next year.

Go step-by-step with him.

“Standing here right now,” he said, talking to reporters Saturday at Valley Ranch, “if you let me add a game if we had not got hurt on defense, if you let me add a game that we got Tony another half a second, if you let me add a game that the way we are schemed defensively gives us a chance to improve, I am very optimistic that we are better than 8-8.

“Very.”

Told that adds up to an 11-5 record, the Cowboys owner didn’t bite.

“I’m not going there with you,” he said. “You can go there.”

He added, “If you told me after our last game that we would get to stand here with the results of this draft, that we would get to stand here with what we have been able to put together with our coaching staff, with what we are doing with Tony – Tony is more involved in the finished product; he is more involved, unequivocally – I’m counting that in. That ought to produce some success.”

So Jones is optimistic. Very optimistic.

“When I look at the reasons why we weren’t 10-6 last year, when I look back at where we lost our games last year and what might have been, they are not excuses,” he said. “They are legitimate. But between scheme for our personnel and what we are doing offensively, we have made some significant changes. We are making real offensive changes.”

-- Carlos Mendez
--------------

Whotta shocker.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just STFU already. It's bad enough we have to endure him running the team. It's even worse reading his drivel.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This team was not good at all last year.

While both the 2011 and 2012 Cowboys were 8-8, I think the 2011 Cowboys were much better than last year's group.

I don't buy that an injury here, a half second there, would have put this team in the playoffs last year. They simply were not a good team.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
When is this mf NOT optimistic? You'd think that someone, ANYFUCKINGBODY, would tell him how stupid he sounds when he talks to the press. Is everyone scared of him? I don't get it.

Top Bottom