PFT: Chad Johnson tells of the times he tried to fight Ray Lewis

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Chad Johnson tells of the times he tried to fight Ray Lewis
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 28, 2014, 7:24 AM EST

A fight between Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis would not go well for Johnson. But Johnson doesn’t seem to realize that.

That’s the takeaway from a series of tweets that Johnson wrote on Thursday, in which he claimed that on two separate occasions he attempted to fight Lewis, and that Lewis was able to get away from him. On the first occasion, Johnson claims, Lewis had knocked his helmet off during a Bengals-Ravens game, and so Johnson decided to wait for Lewis outside the Ravens’ locker room afterward.

“I remember waiting for Ray Lewis outside the locker room after a game for knocking my helmet off unnecessarily,” Johnson wrote. “He went out the side door, Ed Reed had to talk me out of putting these paws on Ray.”

According to Johnson, when the Ravens and Bengals met again later that season, Johnson again tried to fight Lewis, this time before the game.

“2nd time we played the Ravens I caught Ray slipping in pre-game, I stepped to him, he started preaching, I was like the Lord can’t help you,” Johnson wrote. “Long story short Marvin Lewis broke it up and saved Ray from getting beat up in pre-game.”

Johnson may not know it, but he’s the one Marvin Lewis was saving.

Top Bottom