Way too early 2013 Cowboys predictions....

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Now that our draft is practically over and you see the players that we have to work with, what are your expectations for the 2013 season?

I still have the Cowboys as an 7 or 8 win team. Our OL was putrid in 2012 and we did very little to improve the unit. On top of that, goof son comes out and states that they want Doug Free to return.

The DL unit needed help as well and we've done dick to improve it. I like our LBs but the defensive linemen are going to get mauled all year long.

We needed Safety help very badly and we bring in a guy who's brand new to the position and who played against Junior College talent.

Go Cowboys. :sad

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will wait and see what we do at RT. Two new starters on the O-line is pretty good progress there. We added a couple of talented pass catchers and added to the RB depth. So the offense really has no glaring holes at that point other then maybe one more O-lineman.

The defense on the other hand worries me. We are shit at safety. We have zero depth on the D-line. Great LBers and Corners but as we saw last year great corner play can't cover up for shitty safety play.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Next year's draft is stacked, so if we're gonna suck, I hope we suck in epic fashion.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
More of the same. 8-8. Plus or minus 2. Not good enough for 11-5 or bad enough for 5-11.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
We're getting pretty much the exact same team back. I wouldn't expect a significant improvement over what we've seen year after year with this bunch. Maybe a couple of extra wins if they stay healthier. But we didn't add anyone that will make a big difference.

Frederick should improve the interior OL eventually but we shouldn't expect miracles from him as a rookie. And if we really bring Free back the right side of the line should continue being a hazard for Romo's health. Williams is a very nice addition to our WR corps but again, rookie WR's often need a season or two to develop so he may not offer a whole lot immediately. I'll believe Escobar and the mythical two TE gives us an advantage when I see it. But who knows, maybe the fourth time is a charm. I guess Hanna is in the doghouse now.

On defense we're implementing a new system and there's no guarantee everyone picks it right up. We're going to be even worse than last year at Safety unless Matt Johnson finally lives up to the hype the team heaps on him. And the success of the DL rests on Ratliff and Hatcher staying healthy. Can't see that happening. Ware and Spencer should be beasts rushing the passer but there's room to be concerned about how they hold up against the run and there's a huge concern at the lack of depth behind them.

I just don't see where reorganizing the pieces on defense and allegedly reorganizing the play calling structure on offense with more or less the same personnel will make a huge difference.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Williams is a very nice addition to our WR corps but again, rookie WR's often need a season or two to develop so he may not offer a whole lot immediately.
What I like best about Williams is he should be able to take the top off the defense right away. He will need some refinement as a route runner but as a rookie he should be able to hit up some big plays. I'd love to see a Laurant Robinson type season out of him here.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
What I like best about Williams is he should be able to take the top off the defense right away. He will need some refinement as a route runner but as a rookie he should be able to hit up some big plays. I'd love to see a Laurant Robinson type season out of him here.
If Garrett lets him play. Look how long it took to get Harris, Beasely, and Hanna into the games last year. We don't have enough trust in our young players.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Garrett lets him play. Look how long it took to get Harris, Beasely, and Hanna into the games last year. We don't have enough trust in our young players.
You are talking about sixth rounders and undrafted players. Fair or not it takes a lot for guys like that to get a chance in this league. It's not nearly as hard for third round draft picks to get opportunities.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
6-10 as of right now. We'll see if they go get anyone else in free agency.

Lotuseater

Banned
I'm going with 10 wins. I think the defense will be.much better than we all think. We could easily have a top defense with good health. Have to get by the skins and g-men.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If we can stay relatively healthy, I think we'll be in the playoff hunt until the very end. Probably end up just short at around 8-9 wins.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh gee, is that all? 11 TDs as a rookie?

Top Bottom