New Ownership

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
As you probably figured out there have been some changes made to the DCC as far as titles go. As of yesterday UncleMilti and I have purchased the joint. We have kicked around the idea for a month or so about partnering in this deal. Unc has decades of professional leadership as a business owner. He understands organizations and how to make things successful. I have been in business for myself for a long time as well. We thought it made sense that we do this thing together with the hope that we can make the DCC an exciting/fun place to be.

At this time we are forming our gameplan for how to make this place work. Our vision is that this place becomes what we know it can be by adding new members and features. We want to keep the same fun non-gay (gays are welcome) feel of the DCC of old with a mixture of welcoming new posters into the fold.

In order to do that we need the enthusiasm of our regular members. Get on the horn and bring you buddies in and have some fun. I can't believe I just referenced "greeting in the horn."

We appreciate what our admins and mods have done to make this a good place so far. Booze, our old fart, has been solid for all of these years. We are leaning on him for advice and wisdom. I know he will come through for us.

Carp, Deuce, iamtdg and Nuttzzzz...all good guys who have done a ton to help. Dallen has saved our sack on more than one occasion with the server. Now Texas Ace is stepping up to help the tech side of things with Dallen.

EZ has been cool during the transition and remains a founding member in good standing. Life has been busy for him so he decided to hand over the reigns to us. We appreciate the years of contribution and harassment from him.

Be patient with us as we work things out. We are working a plan that we hope you guys will enjoy. I'm the mean time....

...post more, seriously.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Unc will be here soon to toss in his thoughts.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You forgot the comma.

It is "post more, seriously"

There's a whole different meaning when you say it that way.

We do not want them posting seriously, but we are quite serious about asking that they post.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Is that better?

... you'd think I'd get a little more respect on the first day.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm cool as long as I can continue to curse and not be PC in any form or fashion.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
INFRACTION!

Newt

DCC 4Life

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Simp, the damage has already been done. Carry on.

D

Deuce

Damn, I saw the thread title and thought something happened to Jerry Jones.

data

Forbes #1
Are we allowed to veto?

In all seriousness, glad to hear the transition will be with core members.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Damn skid..thanks for leaving me something to say. :unsure

In all seriousness, I can only reiterate what Skid said...we want this place to be fun, and we need to add membership. Its easy to get burned out these days and I can understand EZ not having the energy to push this thing along anymore, and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to build upon what he started. I truly hope he continues to be a member and friend here with us.

That being said, there won't be major changes in how the board runs...no added censorship or dumb ass rules. We do ask that we keep flaming of the new members to a minimum if possible. Give them a chance to get established.

VIP access areas will be strictly monitored on who gets in. To me, this is the place for guys that have their stripes.

Hopefully, the regulars will continue to support the site and be willing to help out.

We have some nice things planned over the next few months to try and draw some new members into the fold. If anyone has any suggestions, please...add them or suggest them in this thread or via PM.

Thanks!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
NoDak has always been the board rebel. I like a guy who flips up the middle finger to authority. I mean, I am el Presidente' that much is now clear. ~pulls up pants~

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
NoDak will put a bullet in your head from a grass hut at 2000 yards. Presidente or not, I ain't fuckin with him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Nah, if the place was going to be sold, I can't think of better guys to take over.

I will hoist up my DCC koozie (both of 'em) to you.

SKOL!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
NoDak will put a bullet in your head from a grass hut at 2000 yards. Presidente or not, I ain't fuckin with him.
Damn, NoDak has struck fear into the hearts of DCC'ers.

Well played, you Nordic bastid.

Top Bottom