Watkins: Jerry Jones - Coaches 'under contract'

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry Jones: Coaches 'under contract'
Updated: January 21, 2014, 11:43 AM ET
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

MOBILE, Ala. -- Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones reiterated his offseason stance that he doesn't expect any changes to replace offensive coordinator Bill Callahan and defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.

"No movement there, everybody is under contract, so nothing there," Jones said Monday during the first day of practices for the Senior Bowl. "Just nothing there at all, everybody has a contract and I plan on them being here.

Asked again about Callahan and Kiffin remaining on the staff, Jones said, "the status of it is nothing, the contracts that are there, everybody is here [at the Senior Bowl] that's the way you ought to read it. I wouldn't anticipate a thing. I don't anticipate anything at all."

With Kiffin in his first season as defensive coordinator, the Cowboys finished with the worst defense in the NFL and ranked 27th against the run and 30th against the pass.

Kiffin's unit allowed four quarterbacks to throw for at least 400 yards, allowed 432 points, the second-highest total in franchise history, and 6,645 yards, a franchise high and third-most in league history.

Yet, Kiffin seemed pleased he will return to fix a defense that has numerous problems.

"Heck, yeah, I'm fired up," Kiffin said. "I wouldn't be walking around here looking at all these players. You want better players, you got to coach better."

Callahan took over the play calling duties from coach Jason Garrett in the offseason and saw the offense finish 16th overall, 24th against the run and 14th as a passing offense.

The Cowboys finished 25th on third down conversions despite finishing fifth in points per game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Props for posting a five day old article.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Cowboys offense finished 24th against the run. :lol

Well said, Watkins.

Top Bottom