One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kicking Coach Boniol Leaving Cowboys; Bissacia Likely Remaining
Mike Fisher for 105.3 The Fan | CBSDFW.com
January 8, 2014 3:34 PM

IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Chris Boniol and the Dallas Cowboys have “mutually agreed’’ to part ways, the special-teams assistant coach tells me today.

“Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett all made great cases on behalf of me staying, and they’ve all been tremendous to work with,’’ Boniol says. “But we’ve mutually agreed to move on, with me having some of the best memories and best accomplishments of my life being part of the Cowboys.’’

Boniol retired as a player in 1999 as the first player in Dallas history to record three straight 100-point seasons and was a member of the Super Bowl XXX champs. After working in private business and as a teacher and coach in North Texas, he rejoined the club in 2010. Last year he signed on for a one-year contract to work under new special-teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia.

This change would suggest that Bisaccia – despite scheduled interviews in Washington and elsewhere there are head-coaching vacancies – is likely to remain at Valley Ranch.

Boniol, 42, is credited with the discovery and development of Dallas’ standout tandem of kicker Dan Bailey and punter Chris Jones.

“They’re big boys now, and they’ve done so much of that development on their own,’’ Boniol says. “I’m very proud to have been a part of their growth into outstanding players for the Cowboys.’’

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
:lol

Holy cow, I was just kidding when I wrote this

Bob Roberts said:
All I know is that it's going to be real uncomfortable around Valley Ranch this year.

I think Chris Boniol may get the axe.

D

Deuce

So coaches for all the underachievers get to hang out but the position coach responsible for the development of the one money player we have can walk.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sick first offseason move, just a taste of what's to come from what I'm sure will be an all-timer of an offseason from Jerry Jones.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So coaches for all the underachievers get to hang out but the position coach responsible for the development of the one money player we have can walk.
Yeah how dare he help our kicker almost never miss a kick.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, lets whack the coach of the best unit on the team. Makes perfect sense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Perhaps I read it wrong but the article seemed to indicate that the Jones tried to persuade him to stay.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Bisaccia > Boniol, but Bisaccia + Boniol > Bisaccia - Boniol

Boniol must think he has an in as ST coach somewhere.

Top Bottom