Archer: A look at the Cowboys' free agents

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
D

Deuce

Jones can walk too. He sucks.

I'd match anything for Bailey and I'd attempt to keep Hatcher but with a moderate and clear peak at what he's worth. I'm sure it won't be close to what some stupid team will give him but I'd at least try.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Bailey is the only one I'd like to keep.

The rest can kiss my ass.

Cotton

Staff member
Bailey is the only one I'd like to keep.

The rest can kiss my ass.
That's about where I'm at. I might keep Hatcher if he came in at the right price, but other than that the rest can go.

I would also designate Austin a June 1st cut, and shop Ware and Witten. Blow this motherfucker up and start all over again.

But, we aren't getting rid of the HC, so what's the point in any of it?

D

Deuce

That's about where I'm at. I might keep Hatcher if he came in at the right price, but other than that the rest can go.

I would also designate Austin a June 1st cut, and shop Ware and Witten. Blow this motherfucker up and start all over again.

But, we aren't getting rid of the HC, so what's the point in any of it?
Shop Ware where? Nobody is bringing him in under his current cap size. He needs to be restructured or cut.

Cotton

Staff member
Shop Ware where? Nobody is bringing him in under his current cap size. He needs to be restructured or cut.
True. Not sure I would even restructure him unless it's a very team friendly deal. If won't do that then bye bye.

D

Deuce

Broaddus was going full retard on twitter earlier. He kept talking about how Ware is probably the guy to cut to save the cap, but we should only restructure Austin. WTF has he offered this team to even warrant being there, much less keep a contract.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Broaddus was going full retard on twitter earlier. He kept talking about how Ware is probably the guy to cut to save the cap, but we should only restructure Austin. WTF has he offered this team to even warrant being there, much less keep a contract.
That is definitely full retard especially when Ware is the guy who has already come out and said he's willing to take a paycut, not a restructure, a straight up paycut.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bailey is the only one. Rest can go. In fact I will pack for them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd take a crack at Spencer if he's cheap coming off a major injury.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Exclusive rights (1)
Chris Jones - resign for minimum and bring in competition.

Restricted free agents (2)
Dan Bailey - SIGN BITCHES!!!
Phillip Tanner - $1.3 mill for right of first refusal tender, so hasta la taco. He can resign for minimum if we can't find something better

Unrestricted free agents (9)
Ryan Cook - bye
Jason Hatcher - bye, waited too long to blossom bud
Edgar Jones - who?
Jon Kitna - bye
Danny McCray - bye
Ernie Sims - bye
Anthony Spencer - buh bye
Brian Waters - bye
Jarius Wynn - minimum contract. Passable depth guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bailey is the only guy I would even bother to call into the office for Goof Son to talk to.

The rest of the guys could just show up and have the shit cleared out of their locker in a garbage bag with a Post-It note stuck to it saying "GOOD LUCK!"

dallen

Senior Tech
Exclusive rights (1)
Chris Jones - resign for minimum and bring in competition.

Restricted free agents (2)
Dan Bailey - SIGN BITCHES!!!
Phillip Tanner - $1.3 mill for right of first refusal tender, so hasta la taco. He can resign for minimum if we can't find something better

Unrestricted free agents (9)
Ryan Cook - bye
Jason Hatcher - bye, waited too long to blossom bud
Edgar Jones - who?
Jon Kitna - bye
Danny McCray - bye
Ernie Sims - bye
Anthony Spencer - buh bye
Brian Waters - bye
Jarius Wynn - minimum contract. Passable depth guy.
Pretty much. Bailey is the only must sign. Jones is decent and will be cheap to bring back, but can be replaced. Wynn is good depth and should be back if he'll play for the minimum. Everyone else can have a bus ticket out of town unless Spencer or Hatcher want to play for the minimum

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we don't draft an OG in the draft I'd see what Waters price tag is, another one year rental would be fine as it would solidify the position with 3 guys who could start.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What is the right price for Hatcher though?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What is the right price for Hatcher though?
I'd let Hatcher go, he's never going to be as good as he was this year but you know he'll want to be paid like he is.

We need to completely rejuvenate the DL with youth, of course most of us said this 2-3 years ago but hey.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hell I feel like Hatcher disappeared for about 5 games down the stretch. I'm not in a hurry to bring him back.

Top Bottom