The Beer Thread

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Why hasn't this been started yet?

Indulging in some Sam Adam's seasonal Alpine Spring tonight. First time I've had to buy beer in awhile, but I have no homebrew on tap right now. I have some fermenting that will go into the kegs tomorrow night, but in the meantime, Alpine Spring ain't bad.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Why hasn't this been started yet?

Indulging in some Sam Adam's seasonal Alpine Spring tonight. First time I've had to buy beer in awhile, but I have no homebrew on tap right now. I have some fermenting that will go into the kegs tomorrow night, but in the meantime, Alpine Spring ain't bad.
Pretty good, but I like the Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter better.

Got some in the spring variety box and now I can't find it anywhere. :ballpunch

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

Got some in the spring variety box and now I can't find it anywhere. :ballpunch
I love that beer, but the variety box is the only place I've ever seen it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I love that beer, but the variety box is the only place I've ever seen it.
Yeah, I'm tempted to say it is the best beer I've ever had.

Who am I kidding, it is. I'm a guy who has mainly drank piss water his whole life.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I'm a guy who has mainly drank piss water his whole life.
Same here, until about 3 years ago. I had an IPA for the first time back then and it blew my mind. It's one of the main reasons I got into home brewing. I can make fantastic beers for little money.

I haven't purchased anything other than craft beer (for myself, my wife loves Miller) in years. But mostly I brew my own.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Same here, until about 3 years ago. I had an IPA for the first time back then and it blew my mind. It's one of the main reasons I got into home brewing. I can make fantastic beers for little money.

I haven't purchased anything other than craft beer (for myself, my wife loves Miller) in years. But mostly I brew my own.
I've hinted to the wife that I wanted a beer brewing starters kit for my birthday. I don't think she took it.

I'll probably have to spell it out to her.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm a mark for Sam Adams and yet I've never heard of this. I'm gonna have to go and look for it now.

On the plus side, Sam Adam's Summer Ale just released this past week. :towel

One of their finest brews, IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Low and behold, amigos.....Saint Arnold's Divine Reserve 13:

I'm going to let these 3 of these sit for a year because they say they are even better after letting them sit for that long.

Great stuff.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I'm a Dogfish Head mark, but a few months ago I tried a beer of theirs that I didn't much care for. It's called Palo Santo Marron. It's a 12% "brown ale" but it tastes like pure liqour.

I kept one that I'm going to age for a year and see how it is.

Playmaker

Brand New Member
I'm liking Session Premium Lager. Nice smooth good tasting beer. But being stuck in this college town, it's too expensive @ $9.15 a pack.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm liking Session Premium Lager. Nice smooth good tasting beer. But being stuck in this college town, it's too expensive @ $9.15 a pack.
That shouldn't matter when talking about a quality brew.

The beer I posted above was 15 bucks for the six pack.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
That shouldn't matter when talking about a quality brew.

The beer I posted above was 15 bucks for the six pack.
Nobody supports craft beer like me... but 15 a six pack is ridiculous.

DFH 60 (My favorite pale ale of all time) is 9.99 a sixer and that's about as high as I'll go.

townsend

Banned
I'm a Dogfish Head mark, but a few months ago I tried a beer of theirs that I didn't much care for. It's called Palo Santo Marron. It's a 12% "brown ale" but it tastes like pure liqour.

I kept one that I'm going to age for a year and see how it is.
DFH is one of my very favorite brewers. I've had almost everything they've made. At least that is available outside Delaware. Some of their fruitier beers (Midas Touch, Chateau Jiahu, Raison D'etre.) aren't my cup of tea, but for my money they make the best IPAs in the country. I have a pair of 120 min IPAs aging till Christmas.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Nobody supports craft beer like me... but 15 a six pack is ridiculous.

DFH 60 (My favorite pale ale of all time) is 9.99 a sixer and that's about as high as I'll go.
Well, this beer only comes out once a year and it's one batch only.

It sells out within hours and after that, you have to wait a year to try the next one.

For w special brew like that, I think it's worth it.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
DFH is one of my very favorite brewers. I've had almost everything they've made. At least that is available outside Delaware. Some of their fruitier beers (Midas Touch, Chateau Jiahu, Raison D'etre.) aren't my cup of tea, but for my money they make the best IPAs in the country. I have a pair of 120 min IPAs aging till Christmas.
They are one of my favorites as well. 60 minute is my go-to IPA. I've never tried the 120. Can't get it here.

Top Bottom