Williams: Cowboys players have Tony Romo's back

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys players have Tony Romo's back

Tony Romo's teammates have his back. They have made that clear all week by speaking up in their quarterback's defense.

"He’s the guy. That’s our guy. We all love him," receiver Dez Bryant said Thursday. "Things happen. Unfortunate things happen. Those things can be fixed. That’s by staying together. If you make a guy feel like you’ve got trust in him, you believe in him and you’re behind him, it makes you go extra hard just like me. If I’m down and I know I’ve got somebody behind me, keeping me up, you’re going to make me work harder than I worked before. We’re all behind him."

Romo had a pair of interceptions in the final 2:46 on Sunday, which played a part in the Cowboys blowing a 23-point halftime lead in a 37-36 loss to the Green Bay Packers. He is 11-17 in the month of December in his career.

Yet, the Cowboys remain steadfast in their faith in Romo.

"I don’t think anybody ever would lose confidence in him," tight end Jason Witten said Thursday. "Everything we are, and we have accomplished over the last few years that you believe in and you hold onto is because of him and what he creates week in and week out and day in and day out. I don’t think you look at a couple of plays. I think that’d be foolish for anybody to do that. Having said that, just like all elite quarterbacks, until you overcome it and prove it, you’re going to deal with that. It wasn’t too long that it wasn’t one of the best ever, the guy [John Elway] up in Denver, who had to deal with that as well. I think that’s part of playing the position. That doesn’t minimize his decision-making and all that. Obviously, he’s a great player and that’s what makes him great. You don’t lose confidence in a guy like that. He does too much for your football team."

-- Charean Williams
----------------

Where are the quotes from the defensive guys? I get that Bryant and BFF Witten would speak...where are the ham and egger defenders?

Top Bottom