Archer: Jason Garrett focusing on offense

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jason Garrett focusing on offense

Updated: November 18, 2013, 2:53 PM ET
By Todd Archer | ESPN.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett will not take over as the offensive play-caller with six games remaining this season, but he has been more involved with the offense than he was earlier in the year.

"I was down there a little bit more the last couple of days," Garrett said, referring to the Cowboys' practices last week and on Monday coming off the bye week.
Garrett said last week that if he wanted to take over the play-calling duties, he could, but that Bill Callahan would continue to handle the job during games.

Instead of bouncing around to other areas of the team during the portion of practice that is open to the media, Garrett has been with the offense more. He offered up more individual and group instructions as well.

Garrett said it has nothing to do with any bye-week mandates sent from owner and general manager Jerry Jones or from him to the rest of the coaching staff.
"I typically move all over the practice field and just dive in and coach, help out, do what I can do to make our team better," Garrett said.

While the alteration might be small, it is still noticeable. The Cowboys are fifth in the NFL in scoring (27.4 points per game) but rank 17th in yards per game.

Dallas is 28th in third-down efficiency and is coming off a 49-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints in which they did not convert on third down once in nine tries.

"I thought the practice on Wednesday was really, really good," Garrett said. "Guys came out and were focused, practiced hard, practiced fast. There was some crispness to it, and that's the way you want to practice. That's the way you get better."

Garrett said the coaches had discussions about changing their game-day seats, with Callahan moving from the coaches' booth to the field. But Garrett said he did not anticipate any changes going into Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

Championship.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
fuck you ginger, & didnt hear it myself but saw a few on twitter saying jerry said on his radio show that no garrett does not have the choice of taking playcalling back

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
fuck you ginger, & didnt hear it myself but saw a few on twitter saying jerry said on his radio show that no garrett does not have the choice of taking playcalling back

:lol

:towel

superpunk

Banned
Garrett said the coaches had discussions about changing their game-day seats, with Callahan moving from the coaches' booth to the field. But Garrett said he did not anticipate any changes going into Sunday's game against the New York Giants.
How many years in and we're still going with "well maybe this will work"?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:lol

What kind of desperate idiot would want the HC job in Dallas?

Top Bottom