Would you hate it?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 50m
“@twhit88: @robphillips3 @BryanBroaddus if they moved back, who would they target?” I think they would look strongly at Eric Reid.

Say we move back to SF's 31st overall... would you be mad about this pick?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Reid's stock is apparently now in the late 1st area but I'm not really a huge fan of his, he's really athletic and a big hitter but he seems to lack instincts in defending the pass.

Cotton

Staff member
You didn't answer the question, Simp.

Simple instructions are simple.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Big fan of Reid, but I would have to look to see who is on the boad at the time before I can answer the question.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You didn't answer the question, Simp.

Simple instructions are simple.
Depends on what we got in the trade and who else is on the board like carp says.

I wouldn't be furious like I would be if we took Eifert at 18 but I wouldn't be particularly happy about it either.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He didn't answer either, so there is a trend. Hard to answer a question without more information. I guess if the question is if he is worth the 31st pick, I'd say yes.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I suppose that's how the question should have been framed. I suppose it was too confusing the way I asked it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think he's worth the pick but chances are I'd rather go elsewhere depending on the board.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd have no problem with Warford there...which some may think it too high, but he'd be solid from day one.

CowboyMcCoy

Brand New Member
I think the best safety in the draft is Matt Elam. We could trade back and possibly get him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I prefer Reid to Elam...I like him more than Vaccaro too.

CowboyMcCoy

Brand New Member
I'm not high on either one of those really. I watch a lot of Texas and LSU football and still don't see anything that excites me. I look for safeties to remind me of Woodson. Elam does that.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Eric Reid

STRENGTHS Tall, long safety with a solid overall build that is still getting stronger. All-around defender who can play the run and pass. Flashes excellent closing speed, pummels receivers after the catch when coming downhill and can get into the backfield if smelling out the play after the snap. Has length and attitude to wrap up ballcarriers in the open field. Brings power into cut tackles, lowering his shoulder to stop running backs cold. Also lays the wood over the middle, putting a shoulder into their midsection. Gets physical with receivers attempting to block him in the run game. Has athleticism to handle tight ends in the passing game. Possesses the height, vertical and competitive nature to win jump balls. Good enough hands to take advantage of poor throws, will undercut receivers and can catch the ball away from his frame.

WEAKNESSES Gets overaggressive at times; will jump on short crossers, opening up the back half of the field, and overrun stretch plays to allow cutback lanes. Not a consistently powerful tackler, and will lunge and miss in the open field as he often fails to break down quickly. Recovery speed will be questioned, might be tough for him to catch NFL receivers if he takes a false step or in the aid of a teammate. Had shoulder surgery after his junior season in high school, though it hasn’t hurt him in college.

NFL COMPARISON Mark Barron

BOTTOM LINE The next SEC safety on which scouts have their eye, Reid brings the size, athleticism, intelligence and toughness to become an impact player in coverage (14 passes defended in the last two seasons) as well as against the run (91 total tackles) at the next level. The junior can get too overaggressive with his angles, but if Reid can rein in the athleticism, he has plenty of range to make plays all over the field.

Weakness sound a lot like some fat ass that used to play safety here.

CowboyMcCoy

Brand New Member
Eric Reid

STRENGTHS Tall, long safety with a solid overall build that is still getting stronger. All-around defender who can play the run and pass. Flashes excellent closing speed, pummels receivers after the catch when coming downhill and can get into the backfield if smelling out the play after the snap. Has length and attitude to wrap up ballcarriers in the open field. Brings power into cut tackles, lowering his shoulder to stop running backs cold. Also lays the wood over the middle, putting a shoulder into their midsection. Gets physical with receivers attempting to block him in the run game. Has athleticism to handle tight ends in the passing game. Possesses the height, vertical and competitive nature to win jump balls. Good enough hands to take advantage of poor throws, will undercut receivers and can catch the ball away from his frame.

WEAKNESSES Gets overaggressive at times; will jump on short crossers, opening up the back half of the field, and overrun stretch plays to allow cutback lanes. Not a consistently powerful tackler, and will lunge and miss in the open field as he often fails to break down quickly. Recovery speed will be questioned, might be tough for him to catch NFL receivers if he takes a false step or in the aid of a teammate. Had shoulder surgery after his junior season in high school, though it hasn’t hurt him in college.

NFL COMPARISON Mark Barron

BOTTOM LINE The next SEC safety on which scouts have their eye, Reid brings the size, athleticism, intelligence and toughness to become an impact player in coverage (14 passes defended in the last two seasons) as well as against the run (91 total tackles) at the next level. The junior can get too overaggressive with his angles, but if Reid can rein in the athleticism, he has plenty of range to make plays all over the field.

Weakness sound a lot like some fat ass that used to play safety here.
I'd say that's pretty close, except Reid doesn't hit nearly as hard as fat ass. Look at the tape. His playmaking ability doesn't have nearly as much potential as Elam. Elam has some work to do, but so do Reid and especially Vaccaro.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We are really comparing him to Roy Williams? LOL

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bipo's Scouting Report on every player in every draft:

They all suck.

The end.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like Elam, I like Reid better. You can have aggressive safeties in this system...if they are truly trying to emulate Seattle their safeties are very aggressive.

Top Bottom