Jets Give Darrelle Revis permission to visit Bucs

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Adam Schefter and PFT.com are reporting that the Bucs and Jets have likely agreed to a trade since the Jets gave Revis permission to visit Tampa to undergo a physical.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jason Cole‏@JasonColeYahoo

Jets and Bucs have already agreed on the trade, Revis and Bucs have agreed on basic contract, deal should be finalized by tonight or Mon AM

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I can't believe they wanted to upgrade from EJ Biggers.

As an aside, the Jets are now Least See TV. Unless Mark Sanchez throwing to Stephen Hill gets you all hot and bothered. Honestly, I'd rather watch the Jags than the Jets.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't believe they wanted to upgrade from EJ Biggers.

As an aside, the Jets are now Least See TV. Unless Mark Sanchez throwing to Stephen Hill gets you all hot and bothered. Honestly, I'd rather watch the Jags than the Jets.
The Jets do have a trainwreck element to them. But yeah, I get what you are saying.

Sanchez at QB. Trade away your best defender. Old team that is led by a lame duck coach.

It could get epic bad.

Which makes me smile, especially since I cannot stand that J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS! thing their guido fans do.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO 24m
Bucs coach Greg Schiano is picking Darrelle Revis up at the Tampa International Jet Center right now
Retweeted by Albert Breer

Apparently, the deal includes #13 overall.

That's too much.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm guessing they get 3 picks overall, 13 overall and maybe a mid-rounder this year and next.

I'm curious as to what the Jets do with that pick, I'm thinking one of their picks will definitely be an OLB like Mingo or even Ansah and I'm thinking the other is a WR or perhaps a QB. Of course I'm hoping they don't go with an OG.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am sure they are hoping Milliner slips...then Mingo, Jarvis Jones...also, Lacy seems like a Jets back. Not that I would advocate it, but I wonder if he would be a consideration.

D

Deuce

I've never thought giving up draft picks for an elite talent is a big deal, CB or not. Tampa needs a corner in the worst way and nobody they were going to take at 13 will be of Revis' caliber.

The knee injury would give me pause, but people recover from those all the time now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think it is a good trade for both of them. Seattle gave up something similiar for Harvin and I liked that deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never thought giving up draft picks for an elite talent is a big deal, CB or not. Tampa needs a corner in the worst way and nobody they were going to take at 13 will be of Revis' caliber.

The knee injury would give me pause, but people recover from those all the time now.
This is the logic that most people use but you have to take into account that Revis will require a mega contract. When you draft a player at 13 you presumably will get a stud player on a cheap contract for the next five years. Not to mention the player you are trading for isn't likely a spring chicken like a guy right out of the draft. Not that Revis is old but he is 27.

D

Deuce

With the Bucs cap situation, his contract will mean very little. They will have tons of space even after his mega deal is signed.

D

Deuce

I think it is a good trade for both of them. Seattle gave up something similiar for Harvin and I liked that deal.
Exactly. If Seattle thought about going after Tavon Austin, getting the proven product in Harvin is a no-brainer to me.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I haven't seen dollar figures yet but Schefter tweeted that it's a 6 year deal with no guaranteed money. Zero.

Cotton

Staff member
No damn way I give up the #13 overall for a player that just blew out his knee.

D

Deuce

Ya, cause keeping #13 and taking Xavier Rhodes is a much better idea.

Cotton

Staff member
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 13s
Darrelle Revis' contract has a $3 million roster bonus and $13 million in base salary in each year from 2013-18, per source.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Jets will get #13 this year and a third or fourth next year.

The deal will make Revis the highest paid DB in history but sources close to me are saying Revis will still hold out in 2014.

Cotton

Staff member
Ya, cause keeping #13 and taking Xavier Rhodes is a much better idea.
Yeah, cause if they don't trade for a DB they are going to have to draft one.

It's in the rules.

Top Bottom