Hill: Harris, Dunbar, Bryant accept responsibility for fumbles

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Harris, Dunbar, Bryant accept responsibility for fumbles

Running back Lance Dunbar and receivers Dez Bryant and Dwayne Harris were lockstep with coach Jason Garrett after the Cowboys 12-7 loss to the Cardinals regarding their turnovers.

The fumbles were critical and they can’t happen _ no matter the potential excitement they displayed on each play.

Dunbar’s came at the end of a 43-yard catch and run that would have put the Cowboys in the red zone.

Bryant’s came after a 27-yard catch.

“I was just trying to keep my balance instead of tucking the ball away,” Dunbar said. “I kind of lost it trying to keep my balance. You can’t let that happen. That kind of messed up the whole series right there. We got the ball down there. We have to keep it so we can put it in the end zone. We can’t allow that and it won’t happen again.”

Bryant had four catches for 74 yards in the game. But the fumble took the steam out of his performance.

“Ball security is very important in this league. Big, huge mistake on my part trying to do too much, trying to switch hands and stiff arm; can’t do it. “That outweighs what you’ve done in the ballgame regardless of any circumstances. It’s something I got to learn from, take it in next week and work on it. That’s all I can do, and make sure it’ll never happen again.”

Harris sung the same song.

“It’s always disappointing fumbling the ball on your half of the field,” Harris said. “He just made a good play. He came from behind me and made a good play. I can’t take nothing from him. I should have had better ball security. You got to work on it in practide and make it better.”

Clarence Hill

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dez's fumble was unfortunate because he was having a monster half....for a preseason game, at least.

But I'm not worried about him. I know he's going to have a big time year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Callahan mixed up play calls nicely yesterday. I really liked the throw to Dunbar as anyone who's read my posts the last seven+ years since Garrett took over can attest to.

When a short throw blows up a defense they soon have no idea where to roll their best coverage and also have to respect more look-offs and pump fakes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The offense looked good yesterday. Obviously the fumbles are not ok but the passing game was explosive and the OL was passable against two of the best interior DLs in the league. The first team offense rolled up over 150 yards in basically a quarter and change.

dallen

Senior Tech
The offense looked good yesterday. Obviously the fumbles are not ok but the passing game was explosive and the OL was passable against two of the best interior DLs in the league. The first team offense rolled up over 150 yards in basically a quarter and change.
If they could hold onto the football I'd be a little impressed, but that is kinda an important part of the game

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If they could hold onto the football I'd be a little impressed, but that is kinda an important part of the game
Definitely, if this was a regular season game I would be pissed but the preseason isn't about bottom line results so it's easier to have perspective. You have to assume three fumbles like that in a row is an anomaly for the most part.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Definitely, if this was a regular season game I would be pissed but the preseason isn't about bottom line results so it's easier to have perspective. You have to assume three fumbles like that in a row is an anomaly for the most part.
Good for Bryant to get it out of his system now. He's due for a handful of real boneheaded plays a year (fumble against Seattle, coming down with a pinky out of bounds against NYG).

2233boys

Not So New Member
That pinky thing wasn't boneheaded, it was unfortunate. He made an amazing play and you'll never convince me the could tell conclusively that his pinky touched out of bounds.

p1_

DCC 4Life
there wasnt much run game to speak of....

Top Bottom