Albright Done For The Year

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jones Confirms LB Albright Will Miss Season With Back Injury

Posted 7 hours ago

Nick Eatman DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

PHOENIX - Linebacker Alex Albright will miss the entire 2013 season because of a back injury that will require surgery.

Team owner Jerry Jones said after Saturday's loss to the Cardinals that Albright would indeed be out for what he thought was a lower-back injury.

"I don't know all of the details but I know it's a significant injury," Jones said. "He's out for the season."

Albright sustained the injury early in camp and missed all three preseason games.

While he wasn't expected to win the starting outside linebacker spot over Justin Durant, Albright was one of the team's better players on special teams.

Albright’s versatility is one of his best assets. He played defensive end in college at Boston College and was expected to be used some as a pass-rusher.

However, the Cowboys have had some nice surprises at outside linebacker, including veteran Ernie Sims, who at one point this offseason was the lowest outside backer on the depth chart. But before his groin injury he suffered earlier this week, Sims was even being discussed in a possible position battle with Durant.

The Cowboys have to like what they’re seeing from rookie DeVonte Holloman, who nearly had two more turnovers Saturday with a forced fumble that replay officials later called an incomplete pass, along with an interception to stall a Cardinals’ drive in the red zone.

Rookie Brandon Magee led the team with six tackles against Arizona. He should be in the mix for the sixth linebacker spot along with Caleb McSurdy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Silver lining is that it kinda frees up a roster spot. And I don't mean "someone instead of Albright" but I actually mean I think we carry one less linebacker now.

Because people were projecting 7 LBs -- Lee, Carter, Durant, Sims, Albright, Holloman and McGee.

And Albright really didn't have a role there other than "he's really good on ST so you can't cut him."

So now you just keep 6 LBs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I didn't think he deserved to make the team anyways.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No doubt Holloman deserves a spot on the active roster. He's new Victor Butler, a flawed backup who seems to make plays.

Top Bottom