Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys v. Cardinals | - 8/17/13

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Five Cowboys to watch

August, 17, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

PHOENIX -- The Cowboys play their third preseason game of year at the Arizona Cardinalson Saturday.

We look at five players to watch.

1. David Arkin. He's going to start at left guard with Ronald Leary possibly out for the rest of the preseason recovering from knee surgery. Arkin battled Kevin Kowalski for playing time at the right guard spot when Mackenzy Bernadeau was down with an injury. Arkin is going to get a chance to show the coaches he can be a productive player and this is important because the Cowboys like to run off the left side where left tackle Tyron Smithresides.

2. George Selive. After a productive outing in the first preseason game where he picked up two sacks and six tackles, he slowed down in the second game with just two tackles when inserted into a starting role at defensive end. Selvie will start against the Cardinals again and while he's on the roster bubble, a solid game should help his chances to remain.

3. B.W. Webb. He wants to forget about what happened in the second preseason game at Oakland where he muffed a punt, missed a tackle and had a few mental errors. In practices after the Raiders game, Webb handled punts with no issues and is doing a better job in pass coverage with the third-and-second teams. Webb should make the roster and its uncertain if the Cowboys want to release him then and maybe get him through waivers and place him on the practice squad.

4. Terrance Williams. The third-round pick from Baylor missed the first two preseason games because of his recovery from a concussion. He makes his debut here as the No. 3 receiver. Williams has look good in practices and he's developing a command of the playbook and is turning to a pretty good threat in the deep passing game.

5. Gavin Escobar. It's been a tough two weeks for the rookie tight end. Escobar is still behind James Hanna on the depth chart and continues to struggle as a blocker. It's mainly because of his weight, 249, and he's lost four pounds since training camp started. He's a good receiver, but the Cowboys need their tight ends to block if they're going to increase the number of attempts in the run game.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
really excited to see terrance williams... i have high hopes for this guy. Much higher (and longer) hopes than Black Wiener

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
1. David Arkin. He's going to start at left guard with Ronald Leary possibly out for the rest of the preseason recovering from knee surgery. Arkin battled Kevin Kowalski for playing time at the right guard spot when Mackenzy Bernadeau was down with an injury. Arkin is going to get a chance to show the coaches he can be a productive player and this is important because the Cowboys like to run off the left side where left tackle Tyron Smithresides.

Cotton

Staff member
That's what Romo is probably doing right now. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
1 hour until kickoff. The turnout in this thread is less than stellar. I'm starting to question of you guys' commitment.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
1 hour until kickoff. The turnout in this thread is less than stellar. I'm starting to question of you guys' commitment.
Lol.. Im catching up on Breaking Bad. My priorities are right where they need to be.

Cotton

Staff member
Lol.. Im catching up on Breaking Bad. My priorities are right where they need to be.
You should have had them in better order a long time ago. Not being current on BB is inexcusable.

Rev

Staff member
You should have had them in better order a long time ago. Not being current on BB is inexcusable.
Had to wait for Netflix.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
BREAKING: Doctors tell the Cowboys that Miles Austin's hamstrings are actually made out of ham

Rev

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
That's what you get for having Dish.
Never had a problem with them before and dont want to pay more for Direct. All those savings allows me more trips to Whataburger.

Cotton

Staff member
Stay down, booznatch!

Cotton

Staff member
They are saying Terrance Williams will play more than the other starters. :towel

Top Bottom