2024 3rd Round Pick - Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
His Hawaiian roots undoubtedly sparked his interest in Notre Dame
:shrug

Does Notre Dame have some special relationship with Hawaii?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's very unlikely to be true. The success of failure of the draft depends way more on the top 3 picks.
Yeah if you nailed those three it's a great draft. Anything after that is just a bonus. If you get 2 to 3 really good starters out of a draft that's great. I'm not talking Tyler Biadasz starters but really good ones.

People think that hitting all your day one and two picks should just be a given. Almost half the first round picks won't even end up as good starters. You can't point to a late third and say that guy makes or breaks a draft. People just say that because we could have had a RB. I'll be watching Lloyd to see what he does. Just because that will sting if he becomes a really good RB.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
This guy looks real fucking small to me.
Well, as they say: "It's not the size of the dog...". :unsure

He's the same H/W as Clark, and bigger than Overshown and Kendricks... he's only 5 lbs. lighter than Parsons.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well, as they say: "It's not the size of the dog...". :unsure

He's the same H/W as Clark, and bigger than Overshown and Kendricks... he's only 5 lbs. lighter than Parsons.
I'm of the mind most NFL linebackers need to be about 235 pounds and great quickness

Main question is if they can bring physical violence without themselves taking too damage?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Eww, watched this guy’s Louisville highlights and was completely unimpressed. Slow to recognize, cheats to the LOS pre-snap, finds himself out of position, and to top it off is a long strider.

It’s one thing to run a cone drill, but in real action with bodies flying around this guy looked tentative and often lost in the wash.

Maybe that was his worst game? Gotta think Dallas’ scouts (who are decent) saw something here…

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Eww, watched this guy’s Louisville highlights and was completely unimpressed. Slow to recognize, cheats to the LOS pre-snap, finds himself out of position, and to top it off is a long strider.

It’s one thing to run a cone drill, but in real action with bodies flying around this guy looked tentative and often lost in the wash.

Maybe that was his worst game? Gotta think Dallas’ scouts (who are decent) saw something here…
In all honesty, it could be the pick that completely wrecked the season. Good RB sitting there for us to take after a no show in FA, and we take this guy. Notice how GB IMMEDIATELY, must have ran the card picking Lloyd to the NFL, as soon as we picked Loofa.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In all honesty, it could be the pick that completely wrecked the season. Good RB sitting there for us to take after a no show in FA, and we take this guy. Notice how GB IMMEDIATELY, must have ran the card picking Lloyd to the NFL, as soon as we picked Loofa.
I totally agree.

Best way to protect a bad LB corps is to sign more than just a token FA and to keep them off the field in games. Whatever you do, don’t reach for a barely capable rookie with a potential star available at another position (and also a position of need!).

Top Bottom